Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having driven past the new toilet bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    And yet Jewish people don't think so, a.
    On balance, I tend to trust their instinct for self-preservation over your rather rosy assessment of the character of a man who has repeatedly and unashamedly sided with some of the most virulent anti-semites on earth.
    Indeed, even that most passionate of lefty broadcasters, James O'Brien was positively scathing about Corbyn earlier. References to Nazi's in the home of holocaust settlers was a step too far.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Different time though, huge debts perhaps (I dont know the figures) but we are also in an era where the money within the PL is of an obscene level compared to back when we built. Even the **** clubs earn probably more in a season than we did then.

Whether or not they can pay the stadium costs while retaining their few star players and also aggressively investing in better players is a different issue. This summer may suggest not - but then it has been an extremely odd and almost quiet transfer window all things taken into consideration (apart from Liverpool).

City 1 player, Chelsea 1 player, United 1 player?**

*big signings of course
    They took out a £400m five year loan so I’d say they’re ****ed for the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Indeed, even that most passionate of lefty broadcasters, James O'Brien was positively scathing about Corbyn earlier. References to Nazi's in the home of holocaust settlers was a step too far.
    ON HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL DAY! HE DID IT ON HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL DAY!!!!

Seriously. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    By putting themselves in the kind of debt that held us back for 10 years, but doing it 15 years later?

They're going to have their lean spell, and if Pochettino handles it half as well as Wenger managed ours, I'll be surprised.
    I like to quote (more or less) Danny Fiszman when people say things like this:

'the annual debt repayments on the stadium are £20mil but the additional revenue generated annually is £50mil so can you explain to me why you think the football club will be worse off financially once we move into the new stadium?'

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    :sigh:

If Jewish people ever really did face an existential threat in this country as was seen in Europe in the 30s, Jeremy Corbyn would be more likely to be on the barricades defending them, while the corporate drones slagging him off at the BBC who write what they are told would be happily churning out the Der Sturmer demonisation. Following orders - it's what they do.
    It's all a conspiracy against Our Jeremy, you say? He didn't appear on Iranian State TV claiming Israel carried out the terrorist attacks on a beach in Egypt? (That's the Iranian State TV which parrots the Iranian official line of wishing the destruction of the jews? The Iranian State TV which paid him £20,000. The Iranian State TV he didn't appear on.) He didn't welcome his 'friends' from Hamas and Hezbollah? He didn't organise and speask at an event comparing jews to Nazis, on Holocaust Remembrance Day? He never regularly shares platforms with some of the most outspoken jewhaters in the Islamic world?

Fúck me, that's an awful lot of lies they've got away with. Is it because jews control the media, like they control banking? THOSE FÚCKING ROTHSCHILDS! Fúcking jews, no wonder Our Jeremy hates them.

NO! WAIT! I'm confused now.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd be amazed if Pocchetino hangs around, tbh. It's not like he has anything like the emotional commitment to them as Wenger did. He's a man on the rise and I seriously doubt Tottenham is the limit of his ambitions. Given which, hanging around at a club where he has no money to spend may not appeal.
    I would agree, but didnt he sign a new 5 year contract recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I would agree, but didnt he sign a new 5 year contract recently?
    Levi's worked his charm and persuaded the bloke to buy into the vision.
    Of course, at the same time he's secured a huge fee for the club, should any of the Euro giants decide to go shopping.
    You can't really doubt Levi's eye for long term gain. Just look at the deal he pulled on those stadium cranes. Some absolute top Jewing there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    :sigh:

If Jewish people ever really did face an existential threat in this country as was seen in Europe in the 30s, Jeremy Corbyn would be more likely to be on the barricades defending them, while the corporate drones slagging him off at the BBC who write what they are told would be happily churning out the Der Sturmer demonisation. Following orders - it's what they do.
    In fact, the closest they came to such a threat was in East London in the 30s and it was the far left, including my granddad, who lined up alongside the jewish community and battered the BUF out of the east end.

Ghosts of Cable Street. Oh yes

In fact, the closest they came to such a threat was in East London in the 30s and it was the far left, including my granddad, who lined up alongside the jewish community and battered the BUF out of the east end.

Surely Edward I in 1290 ?

My mother-in-law went for tea with Oswald Moseley. His manners were impeccable, apparently. A gentleman. Then he started wearing silly uniforms and taking himself seriously, and before you knew it Bertie was asking, "Look at that frightful ass Spode s****ing about in footer bags! Did you ever in your puff see such a perfect perisher?”.