Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having driven past the new toilet bowl

Having driven past the new toilet bowl

earlier this morning, it’s quite some development taking place over there. It’s a huge construction on the skyline as seem from the north circ.
    It just punctuates how much both on and off the field the buggers have advanced.
    I suppose across a period of time, bragging rights will seesaw back and forth along the seven sisters but the days of total domination, experienced throughout Wengers reign will possibly never be experienced by future generations of AFC followers.
    Levi may be seen as a bit of a c*nt but he and his team appear to have finally levelled the playing field

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    earlier this morning, it’s quite some development taking place over there. It’s a huge construction on the skyline as seem from the north circ.
    It just punctuates how much both on and off the field the buggers have advanced.
    I suppose across a period of time, bragging rights will seesaw back and forth along the seven sisters but the days of total domination, experienced throughout Wengers reign will possibly never be experienced by future generations of AFC followers.
    Levi may be seen as a bit of a c*nt but he and his team appear to have finally levelled the playing field
    By putting themselves in the kind of debt that held us back for 10 years, but doing it 15 years later?

They're going to have their lean spell, and if Pochettino handles it half as well as Wenger managed ours, I'll be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    By putting themselves in the kind of debt that held us back for 10 years, but doing it 15 years later?

They're going to have their lean spell, and if Pochettino handles it half as well as Wenger managed ours, I'll be surprised.
    I'd be amazed if Pocchetino hangs around, tbh. It's not like he has anything like the emotional commitment to them as Wenger did. He's a man on the rise and I seriously doubt Tottenham is the limit of his ambitions. Given which, hanging around at a club where he has no money to spend may not appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd be amazed if Pocchetino hangs around, tbh. It's not like he has anything like the emotional commitment to them as Wenger did. He's a man on the rise and I seriously doubt Tottenham is the limit of his ambitions. Given which, hanging around at a club where he has no money to spend may not appeal.
    True. Maybe he just wants the excitement of their first season in the new stadium, but when PSG or Inter come knocking... hopefully he'll fúck off sharpish.

They've not sold the naming rights yet for the Naming Rights stadium.

Daniel should give Armitage Shanks a ring imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    They've not sold the naming rights yet for the Naming Rights stadium.

Daniel should give Armitage Shanks a ring imo.
    Labour should bid for them and it could be named the 'Jeremy Corbyn's Definitely Not An Antisemite Stadium'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Labour should bid for them and it could be named the 'Jeremy Corbyn's Definitely Not An Antisemite Stadium'
    :sigh:

If Jewish people ever really did face an existential threat in this country as was seen in Europe in the 30s, Jeremy Corbyn would be more likely to be on the barricades defending them, while the corporate drones slagging him off at the BBC who write what they are told would be happily churning out the Der Sturmer demonisation. Following orders - it's what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    :sigh:

If Jewish people ever really did face an existential threat in this country as was seen in Europe in the 30s, Jeremy Corbyn would be more likely to be on the barricades defending them, while the corporate drones slagging him off at the BBC who write what they are told would be happily churning out the Der Sturmer demonisation. Following orders - it's what they do.
    And yet Jewish people don't think so, a.
    On balance, I tend to trust their instinct for self-preservation over your rather rosy assessment of the character of a man who has repeatedly and unashamedly sided with some of the most virulent anti-semites on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Different time though, huge debts perhaps (I dont know the figures) but we are also in an era where the money within the PL is of an obscene level compared to back when we built. Even the **** clubs earn probably more in a season than we did then.

Whether or not they can pay the stadium costs while retaining their few star players and also aggressively investing in better players is a different issue. This summer may suggest not - but then it has been an extremely odd and almost quiet transfer window all things taken into consideration (apart from Liverpool).

City 1 player, Chelsea 1 player, United 1 player?**

*big signings of course

I thnk, even if they were to dip outside of the top 4 due to financial constraints

it would only be for a period of a few years this time around.
    They've put in place a template by which it would be hard to imagine them not stamping themselves as top four contenders going forwards.

A large fan base and a 60k stadium with all the commercial revenues should safeguard a club from trawling about in the bottom half of any league... Should.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Different time though, huge debts perhaps (I dont know the figures) but we are also in an era where the money within the PL is of an obscene level compared to back when we built. Even the **** clubs earn probably more in a season than we did then.

Whether or not they can pay the stadium costs while retaining their few star players and also aggressively investing in better players is a different issue. This summer may suggest not - but then it has been an extremely odd and almost quiet transfer window all things taken into consideration (apart from Liverpool).

City 1 player, Chelsea 1 player, United 1 player?**

*big signings of course