Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting article on Emery’s tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Surely taking young children to friendlies (cheaper, easier to get tickets, not so loud and boistorous, etc) is socially acceptable?

I'm half-considering taking mine to the Arsenal vs Real legends game, but I'm worried he might start asking annoying or difficult questions. Like why Wenger's not in the dugout.
    Are you not worried that he’ll start developing opinions and you’ll end up telling him to get another hobby?

Surely taking young children to friendlies (cheaper, easier to get tickets, not so loud and boistorous, etc) is socially acceptable?

I'm half-considering taking mine to the Arsenal vs Real legends game, but I'm worried he might start asking annoying or difficult questions. Like why Wenger's not in the dugout.
    You will have to update us when he eventually finds out you've been lying to him. Perhaps it will be like him discovering that Santa is not real.

I went to an Emirates Cup game once. The lady sitting next to me was a Spurs fan but her kids were both Arsenal, and she said there was no way she was taking them to a real game.

“Daddy, under what definition of the word Legend does Jeremie Aliadiere qualify to be playing?”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    “Daddy, under what definition of the word Legend does Jeremie Aliadiere qualify to be playing?”
    Easy - "mythical creature - probably did not really exist"

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have never attended a pre-season friendly so I am unsure how to react and indeed how others will react. Does one celebrate a goal in any way?
    I think a moment of brief, polite applause is acceptable, as if an opposition batsman has executed an elegant cover drive for four.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I think a moment of brief, polite applause is acceptable, as if an opposition batsman has executed an elegant cover drive for four.
    Test cricket is back We're going to get thumped

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Test cricket is back We're going to get thumped
    More gubbed than Gubbins.

At least we're batting first - should ensure it doesn't ruin the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    "May I trouble you for the salt?"
    "May I thank you to pass the chutney?"

I note that we are testing against your lot next summer.

A day at a Test match was one of the things I regret not doing in my time under cover in London, a bucket list thing perhaps even. Thing is I was looking at the Saturday which is day 4, so the game may well be over.