Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: the mood at the club seems a happy one (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Sir Geoffrey struggles with comfortable
    He's from Yorkshire. One can't expect him to speak the language properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Of course, but it's individuals like Wenger who have made the institution one that we are inclined to love. And without loyalty to such individuals the notion of loving the institution becomes meaningless.

The question of course is where this loyalty ends. My own personal feeling is that Wenger earned something close to unconditional loyalty, though I wouldn't necessarily wish cancer on those who feel differently.
    Clough took Forest down in the end. Perhaps you'd say that he'd earned the right to do that. Perhaps he wasn't so good without Peter Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Clough took Forest down in the end. Perhaps you'd say that he'd earned the right to do that. Perhaps he wasn't so good without Peter Taylor.
    No, I wouldn't say that. But the threshold was very high for me, certainly beyond the point that we reached last season, which was somewhat sabotaged by the Sanchez and Ozil sagas that were largely out of His control.

But to repeat, this is an emotionally-driven perspective. I've also acknowledged that footballistically he deserved to be sacked.
    Last edited by Monty92; 07-31-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He's from Yorkshire. One can't expect him to speak the language properly.
    we all speak the language properly, it's you irish immigrants that have ruined it
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar