Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the mood at the club seems a happy one (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You were very young in '96, I suppose. It will be a huge cultural shock even to those of us who are used to seeing strange faces in the dug out, so I'd imagine even worse for younger supporters who may really only remember Him. :hug:
    I think it’s great. Monty is an effete ****flap.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Be honest Monty - and this is really the point I have been trying to make, no one knows whether Wenger going was the right thing or wrong thing to do at this point - how much is your love for Wenger tied to your own ego and the kicking it will take, quite publicly, if Unai turns everything around and the Arsenal supporters who you so strongly criticized turn out to have been right all along?

I've always suspected that you would have been less bothered about Wenger leaving had you not spent so many years telling everyone that questioned him that they were know nothing cretins who needed a new hobby.*
    It doesn't matter. Holding a different opion to another internet user isn't that important. You don't need to chase him around and batter him because he thinks differently to you.

Take a chill pill. Gel out. Find your neutral space. If necessary, take your frustrations out on the wife, like the Irish do. But aim for the kidneys, not the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Oh no, I remember George very well indeed. He meant a huge amount to me and played a pretty meaningful role in shaping my broad views on football.

But 20 years, man. It's not something I can just let go.
    Oh well, in that case, pull yourself together you self-indulgent little brat.

Be honest Monty - and this is really the point I have been trying to make, no one knows whether Wenger going was the right thing or wrong thing to do at this point - how much is your love for Wenger tied to your own ego and the kicking it will take, quite publicly, if Unai turns everything around and the Arsenal supporters who you so strongly criticized turn out to have been right all along?

I've always suspected that you would have been less bothered about Wenger leaving had you not spent so many years telling everyone that questioned him that they were know nothing cretins who needed a new hobby.*
    Except I've endlessly said that there's every chance whoever replaces Wenger will improve us.

You can't just ignore the fact that I've said this time and time again, however much you try.

This does not make it untrue that vast amounts of the criticism of him over the years has been deeply moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Can you not just allow for the fact that Monty genuinely loved the man? It made him blind to some of his faults but love does that.

He is still in mourning....
    See? You can do empathy and compassion for a Jew.

How does it feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It doesn't matter. Holding a different opion to another internet user isn't that important. You don't need to chase him around and batter him because he thinks differently to you.

Take a chill pill. Gel out. Find your neutral space. If necessary, take your frustrations out on the wife, like the Irish do. But aim for the kidneys, not the face.
    Can't I take even a little joy from the possibility of Monty looking a complete knob if the football club we support does really well this year? It's a win-win scenario.

BTW - I passed your glw the other week after work, I wasn't at all offended that she didn't recognize me and stop and say hello. It would have been about 6pm or so on the Embankment, I was walking towards Waterloo, she was walking very intently towards Blackfriars.

P.S. if it turns out she was on her way to meet her lover and this comes out because of this information and your marriage - in which you are both very happy - dissolves because of this please allow me to extend my profuse apologies for my involvement.

See? You can do empathy and compassion for a Jew.

How does it feel?
    Be fair, he expected you to work for it, and as he always says, 'Work makes you free'.

Except I've endlessly said that there's every chance whoever replaces Wenger will improve us.

You can't just ignore the fact that I've said this time and time again, however much you try.

This does not make it untrue that vast amounts of the criticism of him over the years has been deeply moronic.
    Yeah I know you've said that a few times - not endlessly, mind.

But I don't believe you. It was just damage limitation imo.

Can't I take even a little joy from the possibility of Monty looking a complete knob if the football club we support does really well this year? It's a win-win scenario.

BTW - I passed your glw the other week after work, I wasn't at all offended that she didn't recognize me and stop and say hello. It would have been about 6pm or so on the Embankment, I was walking towards Waterloo, she was walking very intently towards Blackfriars.

P.S. if it turns out she was on her way to meet her lover and this comes out because of this information and your marriage - in which you are both very happy - dissolves because of this please allow me to extend my profuse apologies for my involvement.
    Well he won't 'look a complete knob', he'll just be someone who thought something different to you. You must learn this difference.

The glw is always focussed when walking to achieve her daily target of 14,000 steps.

As I am unable to satisfy her physical needs she takes her pleasure where she can.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Playing the race card....... that's pretty low
    They are though, as a rule, aren't they? Low enough to crawl under a rock wearing a top hat! Haha! That's a good one, you could use that down the CLP meetings, they'll love that