Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the mood at the club seems a happy one (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You've got to learn to stop defining yourself by your perceived triumphs over other people.

It isn't healthy.
    Oh do f*ck off with that amateurish psychobabble nonsense!

Actually, that's probably fair.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    So you don't love Arsenal that much and your refusal to support England is even more bizarre and illogical. Nice one.
    My love of Arsenal is predicated on the individuals of whom it is composed. I don't love the institution - that would be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    If your beloved wife - flawed though she may have been - was murdered and you were forced to marry some random bird who can't even pronounce the word "explaaaaaain", would your heart be in the marriage?
    So your love for Wenger surpasses your love for Arsenal then? That's deeply weird and as I pointed out to you, seems to invalidate the stance you took on supporting England. What if Pochettino walks at the end of this year to Madrid and Wenger replaces him?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You were very young in '96, I suppose. It will be a huge cultural shock even to those of us who are used to seeing strange faces in the dug out, so I'd imagine even worse for younger supporters who may really only remember Him. :hug:
    Oh no, I remember George very well indeed. He meant a huge amount to me and played a pretty meaningful role in shaping my broad views on football.

But 20 years, man. It's not something I can just let go.

If your beloved wife - flawed though she may have been - was murdered and you were forced to marry some random bird who can't even pronounce the word "explaaaaaain", would your heart be in the marriage?
    If you didnt like the new Pope would you stop being a Catholic?*

*I know you aren't catholic

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If you didnt like the new Pope would you stop being a Catholic?*

*I know you aren't catholic
    If you care about Jews, would you still vote for Corbyn?

*I know you don't care about Jews

My love of Arsenal is predicated on the individuals of whom it is composed. I don't love the institution - that would be weird.
    That would be supporting a football club.

If you care about Jews, would you still vote for Corbyn?

*I know you don't care about Jews
    Playing the race card....... that's pretty low

Oh no, I remember George very well indeed. He meant a huge amount to me and played a pretty meaningful role in shaping my broad views on football.

But 20 years, man. It's not something I can just let go.
    Be honest Monty - and this is really the point I have been trying to make, no one knows whether Wenger going was the right thing or wrong thing to do at this point - how much is your love for Wenger tied to your own ego and the kicking it will take, quite publicly, if Unai turns everything around and the Arsenal supporters who you so strongly criticized turn out to have been right all along?

I've always suspected that you would have been less bothered about Wenger leaving had you not spent so many years telling everyone that questioned him that they were know nothing cretins who needed a new hobby.*

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Be honest Monty - and this is really the point I have been trying to make, no one knows whether Wenger going was the right thing or wrong thing to do at this point - how much is your love for Wenger tied to your own ego and the kicking it will take, quite publicly, if Unai turns everything around and the Arsenal supporters who you so strongly criticized turn out to have been right all along?

I've always suspected that you would have been less bothered about Wenger leaving had you not spent so many years telling everyone that questioned him that they were know nothing cretins who needed a new hobby.*
    Can you not just allow for the fact that Monty genuinely loved the man? It made him blind to some of his faults but love does that.

He is still in mourning....