Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Swedish lefty who stopped a plane from taking off because they were

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Minor point of order b; he is, without doubt, an irritating ****, yet you have called him an irritable ****.

He may well be irritable, but this troubles us not.
    An irritable **** can usually be sorted out with an application of Canesten.

An irritating ****, on the other hand, requires more extreme measures.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    You misstated that Elin was there primarily for that person. She wasn't. She was there for this other dude, then transferred her sense of outraged virtue to this other guy. Even as she has transferred her sexual fixations towards yer boy here.
    So you're saying that what's really important to her is a chance to demonstrate her carefully-cultivated sense of outraged virtue regardless of circumstance or context? In other words, she doesn't care about the individuals involved, just has a blanket objection to the notion of deporting anyone at all ever?

Hmmm. That would just make her a bit of a ****, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So you're saying that what's really important to her is a chance to demonstrate her carefully-cultivated sense of outraged virtue regardless of circumstance or context? In other words, she doesn't care about the individuals involved, just has a blanket objection to the notion of deporting anyone at all ever?

The funny thing is most of the Afghan's have been living in Iran and will probably end up back there even if they're sent back to Afghanistan. Sending him to his death

I would go so far as to say irritating ****; possibly also irritable? Ain't language grand?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    The funny thing is most of the Afghan's have been living in Iran and will probably end up back there even if they're sent back to Afghanistan. Sending him to his death
    Yes, but your Swedish liberal does appear to be more insane than most on the subject of immigration. They seem absolutely desperate to ruin their own society for reasons that are completely mysterious to me. You can't even blame post-colonial guilt, since they never had an empire worthy of the name to feel guilty about. They just seem to be desperate to apologise for existing. It's weird.

Yes, but your Swedish liberal does appear to be more insane than most on the subject of immigration. They seem absolutely desperate to ruin their own society for reasons that are completely mysterious to me. You can't even blame post-colonial guilt, since they never had an empire worthy of the name to feel guilty about. They just seem to be desperate to apologise for existing. It's weird.
    Also true for Canada, never understood it and after 23 years outside of the place it seems even more bizarre. Although I'm not sure if the Swedish PM has broken down in tears while publicly apologizing to his countries LGTB population for the years of discrimination?

The underlying motivation is to convince the world that they have the best country in the world by trying to be overly accommodating of pretty much everyone. It's fed by a deep seated insecurity, I think. In Canada's case their obnoxious neighbor probably has a lot to do with it. Not sure what Sweden's excuse is.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Also true for Canada, never understood it and after 23 years outside of the place it seems even more bizarre. Although I'm not sure if the Swedish PM has broken down in tears while publicly apologizing to his countries LGTB population for the years of discrimination?

The underlying motivation is to convince the world that they have the best country in the world by trying to be overly accommodating of pretty much everyone. It's fed by a deep seated insecurity, I think. In Canada's case their obnoxious neighbor probably has a lot to do with it. Not sure what Sweden's excuse is.
    Interesting that both countries are also notable for being prosperous, liberal, polite but ultimately very dull as well. Maybe they both feel a need to make themselves more interesting by making a name for themselves by navigating the wilder shores of self-abnegating identity politics?

Interesting that both countries are also notable for being prosperous, liberal, polite but ultimately very dull as well. Maybe they both feel a need to make themselves more interesting by making a name for themselves by navigating the wilder shores of self-abnegating identity politics?
    Yes, all true. I would add that Canada is a very young country relatively speaking so it's lack of history and cultural traditions possibly feeds the insecurity. It is also a quite unique country in that it has a relatively small population spread across an enormous geographical area so the development of a set of common cultural traditions is rather difficult. The federal policy of multi-culturalism came about largely because of this. They didn't have anything that defined them so they decided to focus on their diversity and as a result they continue to focus on it and continue to lack the sort of history and traditions that make other countries so interesting.

A vicious circle which Canada seems unable to break. Again, not sure what Sweden's excuse is as virtually none of that applies to them as far as I know.

Yes, all true. I would add that Canada is a very young country relatively speaking so it's lack of history and cultural traditions possibly feeds the insecurity. It is also a quite unique country in that it has a relatively small population spread across an enormous geographical area so the development of a set of common cultural traditions is rather difficult. The federal policy of multi-culturalism came about largely because of this. They didn't have anything that defined them so they decided to focus on their diversity and as a result they continue to focus on it and continue to lack the sort of history and traditions that make other countries so interesting.

A vicious circle which Canada seems unable to break. Again, not sure what Sweden's excuse is as virtually none of that applies to them as far as I know.
    I always love the phrase 'focus on diversity'. The fact that it doesn't even make sense semantically should be a clue to the fact that it won't work in practice either, but one is no longer even surprised by such stupidity in this area.

The young country thing is interesting as well. Australia and New Zealand also appear particularly susceptible to the most extreme forms of identity politics silliness.