Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So post-Brexit there will be food and medicine shortages?

So post-Brexit there will be food and medicine shortages?

So once we are no longer a part of the EU, companies within the EU will refuse to sell us food and medicine?

What about cars. Do you think they'll still sell us cars?

I must say, it all sounds rather unlikely. Almost as if it's a load of scare-mongering cobblers.

Hmm could make a nice side line on eBay imo

Indeed. I mean, I’ve no idea how this plays out but neither does anyone else. The amount of scare mongering on the part of the remainers is quite pathetic. Do they think that all trade will stop and that no one will be authorised to ship anything to the Uk.
    Instead of carping on about how our GDP will reduce to that of Kenya’s in the next 12 months, why not spare a thought for how much of a detrimental effect a no deal position would have upon the EU.
    Losers on all sides, not just over here.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Indeed. I mean, I’ve no idea how this plays out but neither does anyone else. The amount of scare mongering on the part of the remainers is quite pathetic. Do they think that all trade will stop and that no one will be authorised to ship anything to the Uk.
    Instead of carping on about how our GDP will reduce to that of Kenya’s in the next 12 months, why not spare a thought for how much of a detrimental effect a no deal position would have upon the EU.
    Losers on all sides, not just over here.
    "In a tense grilling by the Brexit Select Committee, the newly appointed Raab admitted food would have to be stockpiled."

That is from the incredibly pro-Brexit Brexit secretary, Dominic Raab in front of a Commons committee. Definitely just scaremongering by "pathetic" remainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    "In a tense grilling by the Brexit Select Committee, the newly appointed Raab admitted food would have to be stockpiled."

That is from the incredibly pro-Brexit Brexit secretary, Dominic Raab in front of a Commons committee. Definitely just scaremongering by "pathetic" remainers.
    "Incredibly pro-Brexit"??? He's on-board with the soft Brexit Chequers agreement, FFS! There's every reason to think scaremongering is in his interest.

Right. Did he explain what would cause this delay in food supplies arriving? Because we can be entirely sure that the EU won't begin charging duties on exports, and the import part of the equation is entirely in our own hands, so if there are food shortages, they will be of our own making. Which sounds quite unlikely, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    "Incredibly pro-Brexit"??? He's on-board with the soft Brexit Chequers agreement, FFS! There's every reason to think scaremongering is in his interest.
    Soft Brexit is still Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Right. Did he explain what would cause this delay in food supplies arriving? Because we can be entirely sure that the EU won't begin charging duties on exports, and the import part of the equation is entirely in our own hands, so if there are food shortages, they will be of our own making. Which sounds quite unlikely, doesn't it?
    I'm sure he and others have, yes. There's quite a bit written on it

I'm sure he and others have, yes. There's quite a bit written on it
    There has been a lot written. For example, I read the other day that there will be an immediate shortage of insulin, since insulin is not made in the UK.

Happily, the two companies which make insulin in the UK were pleased to debunk this lie, and the UK's largest supplier of insulin, in Norways, steated that there would be no reason for any interruption of supply whatsoever.

Writing something doesn't necessarily make it true, la.

Soft Brexit is still Brexit
    Not according to Burney. And a great many other people that voted Leave, I expect.

However, Brexit means Brexit so not too sure how there can be any uncertainty around any of this.