Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Holiday review - Lisbon, Ryan Air and Stanstead

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well, based on my experience not having luggage will help. Sadly, most people who travel do. And not too sure how you were getting out of Stansted in 15 minutes. We arrived from an EU country and even those with UK passports were waiting in massive queues only to be faced with brain dead, unhelpful, antagonistic UK immigration muppets.
    I used a 'meet and greet' service last time at Stansted. I've no real idea who it was that met me at the terminal and took my car away. Nor do I have much idea *where* they took my car for the week I was away. But it cost me £55 and I'll never fly again without using the same service. Marvellous.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Well, based on my experience not having luggage will help. Sadly, most people who travel do. And not too sure how you were getting out of Stansted in 15 minutes. We arrived from an EU country and even those with UK passports were waiting in massive queues only to be faced with brain dead, unhelpful, antagonistic UK immigration muppets.
    Ah well bags for sure would be a potential issue as I have never travelled through with one which I needed to reclaim, not sure I have ever even seen a baggage belt thing working as I am through quite early in the morning.

In terms of passport control on arrival there is none (presumably) because of the common travel agreement between Ireland and the UK.

Oddly enough when travelling back to Dublin we are expected to queue and show the passport.

The 15 minute thing is touchdown, onto a wee bus that takes you to the terminal and from there you just walk straight up the steps (past baggage reclaim) and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I used a 'meet and greet' service last time at Stansted. I've no real idea who it was that met me at the terminal and took my car away. Nor do I have much idea *where* they took my car for the week I was away. But it cost me £55 and I'll never fly again without using the same service. Marvellous.
    The funny thing is that since that day your clutch hasn't been quite working properly, the tyres are all worn, the parcel shelf is warped and the engine sounds as rough as fùck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The funny thing is that since that day your clutch hasn't been quite working properly, the tyres are all worn, the parcel shelf is warped and the engine sounds as rough as fùck.
    Parcel shelf?

What is this you talk of A.

Joy-riding my car would be a bit like raping a fat lass, or playing Mustafi in defence. There's simply gotta be better options out there, Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Parcel shelf?

What is this you talk of A.
    Just the shelf-thingy at the back of a hatchback.

What I described to Monty actually happened to me long ago when I lent my car to my neighbour who returned it some weeks later after his mate down the scrap yard had swapped out several working parts in my car for broken ones. My neighbour was a bit of a gangster, as it turned out.

No good turn goes unpunished, as the saying goes.

Just the shelf-thingy at the back of a hatchback.

What I described to Monty actually happened to me long ago when I lent my car to my neighbour who returned it some weeks later after his mate down the scrap yard had swapped out several working parts in my car for broken ones. My neighbour was a bit of a gangster, as it turned out.

No good turn goes unpunished, as the saying goes.
    Ah yes, I would incorrectly just refer to that as the back window (I know it is not the back window).

Why are you lending your motor to gangsters A? You could get caught up in heists, drive by shootings and tiger kidnapping none of which would suit you, or indeed Mrs A who may also be implicated.

Ah well bags for sure would be a potential issue as I have never travelled through with one which I needed to reclaim, not sure I have ever even seen a baggage belt thing working as I am through quite early in the morning.

In terms of passport control on arrival there is none (presumably) because of the common travel agreement between Ireland and the UK.

Oddly enough when travelling back to Dublin we are expected to queue and show the passport.

The 15 minute thing is touchdown, onto a wee bus that takes you to the terminal and from there you just walk straight up the steps (past baggage reclaim) and out.
    THere was always a separate counter for those travelling from Ireland. FRequently the chap on this counter would ask to see a passport and whenever I was in a bad mood I would politely tell him that I didnt need one.

Since Ryanair built their own wing you dont even have to get on the wee bus, you can walk straight through.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    THere was always a separate counter for those travelling from Ireland. FRequently the chap on this counter would ask to see a passport and whenever I was in a bad mood I would politely tell him that I didnt need one.

Since Ryanair built their own wing you dont even have to get on the wee bus, you can walk straight through.
    Wee bus last time I went through, Nov 2017 to be precise. 2-0. Mustafi and Sanchez.

Wee bus last time I went through, Nov 2017 to be precise. 2-0. Mustafi and Sanchez.
    I think it depends which gate you land at. If you land at one of the ones on their wing, you can walk.

Mine would have been May 2016- Springsteen. Incident on 57th Street and Because the Night with Bono