Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday review - Lisbon, Ryan Air and Stanstead

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I was watching some videos about UK airports and how make their money compared to other countries it was rather quite interesting.
    I will beat their system by spending nothing whilst I am there.

Last place I want to waste money is at the airport I'd rather spend it on cigarettes (which now in UK airports are hidden away in a section what resembles a sex shop.

I also have no need for a oversized toberlone.
    Had you not given up on the smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Had you not given up on the smoking?
    sort of.
    I am not sure why I typed that I was thinking 2 things and said cigarettes.
    when I really mean spend it on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Back when it was a farty little hub, mid to late 80’s, I think, it was an absolute joy. I used to fly to Frankfurt regularly, I think with Air Uk.
    You could park outside the terminal building and leave your car for a couple of days. I think it was a fiver for 24 hours.
    Now the c*nts want 4 quid for. a ten minute drop off. 😫
    Too many people, sadly. The likes of Ryanair have made flying affordable to too many people. Too many, and the wrong kind of people. That's why it's unpleasant for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Too many people, sadly. The likes of Ryanair have made flying affordable to too many people. Too many, and the wrong kind of people. That's why it's unpleasant for the rest of us.
    It's also why there are airports specifically tailored to that sort of clientele (such as STN) - Give them a Burger King, KFC, Whetherspoons & JD Sports and they're pleased as punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It's also why there are airports specifically tailored to that sort of clientele (such as STN) - Give them a Burger King, KFC, Whetherspoons & JD Sports and they're pleased as punch.
    £15 + for a microwaved english breakfast

You know something is up when the food comes out before you sat down.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Lisbon - comes highly recommended. Great food, loads of history, interesting things to see and do, stuff yourself full of pastel de nata and great seafood dishes. I'm definitely going back. 9/10

Ryan Air - the flights themselves were fine, helped by Lisbon only being just over 2 hours away. Clean, decent seats, for a few bob more we had exit seats with loads of leg room. Problem was that both flights were late and this was probably down to some extent to it being a budget airline. Probably won't fly them again unless it was strictly necessary. 5/10

Stanstead - the most vile airport experience I have had in many years. Absolutely appalling on every level. If you voluntarily fly from there you are either a complete c*nt or you have levels of tolerance right up there with Mother Theresa. Never again under any circumstances and Mrs WES has some sucking up to do for having put me through it. 0/10
    I used to love Stansted. Small, practical, easy to get in and out of and closer to North London than the others.

However, this is reliant on it not being busy. When it gets busy it simply cant cope and everything falls apart. I used to fly back from Ireland with Ryanair which meant you didnt have to get on the little train, no passport control and if you only have carry on luggage nobody can **** you over. Straight out the door.

All airports are ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I used to love Stansted. Small, practical, easy to get in and out of and closer to North London than the others.

However, this is reliant on it not being busy. When it gets busy it simply cant cope and everything falls apart. I used to fly back from Ireland with Ryanair which meant you didnt have to get on the little train, no passport control and if you only have carry on luggage nobody can **** you over. Straight out the door.

All airports are ****.
    City in the late 90s 30 minutes to drive there, park right outside the terminal, wander through at leisure.

Good timez.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The glw regales me with many a story regarding various scum to the sun flights. How she doesn't plant a stilleto in the skulls of some of them, I don't know.

I use Stansted for football trips and it is grand.

On arrival I am out of the place within 15 minutes and on departure I am normally a little under the weather so I just sit down and surround myself with soft drink beverages.

I then board the plane and return home.

Not sure what the problem is. Airports are busy places what with people and security etc and it is July after all.
    Last edited by SWv2; 07-30-2018 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I use Stansted for football trips and it is grand.

On arrival I am out of the place within 15 minutes and on departure I am normally a little under the weather so I just sit down and surround myself with soft drink beverages.

I then board the plane and return home.

Not sure what the problem is. Airports are busy places what with people and security etc and it is July after all.
    Well, based on my experience not having luggage will help. Sadly, most people who travel do. And not too sure how you were getting out of Stansted in 15 minutes. We arrived from an EU country and even those with UK passports were waiting in massive queues only to be faced with brain dead, unhelpful, antagonistic UK immigration muppets.