Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Holiday review - Lisbon, Ryan Air and Stanstead

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Ah yes, I would incorrectly just refer to that as the back window (I know it is not the back window).

Why are you lending your motor to gangsters A? You could get caught up in heists, drive by shootings and tiger kidnapping none of which would suit you, or indeed Mrs A who may also be implicated.
    Oh no, this would have been back in about 1992, when I was young, naive, and living in Finsbury Park. And I didn't know he was a crook before I lent him the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think it depends which gate you land at. If you land at one of the ones on their wing, you can walk.

Mine would have been May 2016- Springsteen. Incident on 57th Street and Because the Night with Bono
    You paid money to see Bono?

This might make the whole Rover business pale into insignificance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I did NOT pay money to see Bono. He was a most unwelcome surprise guest, for one song. I went for a piss.

I dont like Because the Night.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I paid money to see Bono. Well, U2 really. Several times. They were fúcking brilliant.

That was in the 1980s, mind, before he disappeared up his own fundament.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I paid money to see Bono. Well, U2 really. Several times. They were fúcking brilliant.

That was in the 1980s, mind, before he disappeared up his own fundament.
    I saw him later, by which time he was firmly up his own.......they were still excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I saw him later, by which time he was firmly up his own.......they were still excellent.
    You can say what you like about the bloke, but by Christ he can sing a bit.

I saw the Zooropa tour I think - good show. Björk was one of the support acts. Not easy to see her from the middle of Wembley.

Girl I was with fainted though and I had to fight my way through the crowd to get to the edge - quite what he was going to do about it I don't know *

*this works better as an oral gag **

**so to speak

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You can say what you like about the bloke, but by Christ he can sing a bit.
    He does a decent Because The Night..... at least it sounded ok from the bogs.....

I saw them at Madison Square Gardens in 2005 (or so) and they were outstanding. Quite superb show it was.

I had free club Wembley tickets to see them.
    left early