Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday review - Lisbon, Ryan Air and Stanstead

Holiday review - Lisbon, Ryan Air and Stanstead

Lisbon - comes highly recommended. Great food, loads of history, interesting things to see and do, stuff yourself full of pastel de nata and great seafood dishes. I'm definitely going back. 9/10

Ryan Air - the flights themselves were fine, helped by Lisbon only being just over 2 hours away. Clean, decent seats, for a few bob more we had exit seats with loads of leg room. Problem was that both flights were late and this was probably down to some extent to it being a budget airline. Probably won't fly them again unless it was strictly necessary. 5/10

Stanstead - the most vile airport experience I have had in many years. Absolutely appalling on every level. If you voluntarily fly from there you are either a complete c*nt or you have levels of tolerance right up there with Mother Theresa. Never again under any circumstances and Mrs WES has some sucking up to do for having put me through it. 0/10

Stansted is far too busy for it's size. it's gets worse every time I go there.

I also don't like the way they have redesigned it, nowhere to sit.
    Sometimes I just want to buy some cheap rubbish to eat I don't like this trend of making everything 'fancy'

Back when it was a farty little hub, mid to late 80’s, I think, it was an absolute joy. I used to fly to Frankfurt regularly, I think with Air Uk.
    You could park outside the terminal building and leave your car for a couple of days. I think it was a fiver for 24 hours.
    Now the c*nts want 4 quid for. a ten minute drop off. 😫

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Lisbon - comes highly recommended. Great food, loads of history, interesting things to see and do, stuff yourself full of pastel de nata and great seafood dishes. I'm definitely going back. 9/10

Ryan Air - the flights themselves were fine, helped by Lisbon only being just over 2 hours away. Clean, decent seats, for a few bob more we had exit seats with loads of leg room. Problem was that both flights were late and this was probably down to some extent to it being a budget airline. Probably won't fly them again unless it was strictly necessary. 5/10

Stanstead - the most vile airport experience I have had in many years. Absolutely appalling on every level. If you voluntarily fly from there you are either a complete c*nt or you have levels of tolerance right up there with Mother Theresa. Never again under any circumstances and Mrs WES has some sucking up to do for having put me through it. 0/10
    Last time I landed in Stansted they cancelled all the trains into London, which pretty much left me and many others stranded. All right for me as I just went and sat in the bar until they got them working again. Would have been a pain if you were left with a petulant, loud-mouthed child as Mrs WES was though

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Stansted is far too busy for it's size. it's gets worse every time I go there.

Sometimes I just want to buy some cheap rubbish to eat I don't like this trend of making everything 'fancy'
    Sounds similar to Manchester, used to be a pleasure (especially as it's 10 minutes away) but now it's usually a nightmare especially if a PIA plane happens to land 10 minutes before yours!

In fairness, they are spending a fortune extending it, so hopefully it'll get much better.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Sounds similar to Manchester, used to be a pleasure (especially as it's 10 minutes away) but now it's usually a nightmare especially if a PIA plane happens to land 10 minutes before yours!

In fairness, they are spending a fortune extending it, so hopefully it'll get much better.
    See also Luton but that is mostly because a load of building work is being done. Still better than Munich - some stupid bitch somehow got through security without being checked and caused 200 flights to be cancelled while police looked for her. Including my landlord's who was going to Naples with his son - still haven't got their luggage back either

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    People aren't shopping if they're sitting down.

"I hope you're satisfied, Thatcher!" #Rick

Well thanks for that.

Heading over to Basel later this month just for 1 day so I’ve been toying with Ryan Air’s early morning flight which will get me to the office by 9am and the evening flight back at 5.30pm.

Both utilising Stansted.

Will give it a miss and stick to Easy Jet from Gatwick but their 1st flight out will only get me to the office by 11am which means I’ll have to spend the night over there so I can finish off my meetings the next morning. No bad thing but would’ve liked to wrap things up in 1 day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    People aren't shopping if they're sitting down.

"I hope you're satisfied, Thatcher!" #Rick
    I was watching some videos about UK airports and how make their money compared to other countries it was rather quite interesting.
    I will beat their system by spending nothing whilst I am there.

Last place I want to waste money is at the airport I'd rather spend it on cigarettes (which now in UK airports are hidden away in a section what resembles a sex shop.

I also have no need for a oversized toberlone.

PS Luton on a Friday afternoon