Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guendouzi & Torreira

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I am going on Wednesday. A pre-season friendly.

€75 the pair of tickets.

Probably a Mexican wave at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Strange business this Ramsey business. Cannot understand why he has not been sold if as appears they are unwilling to pay him what he wants.

All the time there is next to no rumours, either based in truth or utterly fictitious, regarding the chap and other clubs.
    I suppose there is the possibility that Una's comments on him were only meant to drive up the price and that Una has reaslised how sh1t he is and wants to move him on. This could, of course, be exacerbated by the possibility that everyone else realizes what a liability he is so there is no market for him.

Perhaps they've all been reading my posts.

Strange business this Ramsey business. Cannot understand why he has not been sold if as appears they are unwilling to pay him what he wants.

All the time there is next to no rumours, either based in truth or utterly fictitious, regarding the chap and other clubs.
    I don’t think anyone wants him that will match what we’ve offered (while paying a transfer fee). At the same time he probably wants more than what we’ve offered and thinks he’s better off waiting until next summer for a juicy signing on fee. A bit of a ****ty situation for everyone.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 07-30-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    This could, of course, be exacerbated by the possibility that everyone else realizes what a liability he is so there is no market for him.
    There are stories circulating that Chelsea might make a deadline day 'swoop' of 30m for him. Though I read it on BT sport's site and I think they said 'according to the Daily Mail' so there you go. Probably nothing to see here.

I suppose there is the possibility that Una's comments on him were only meant to drive up the price and that Una has reaslised how sh1t he is and wants to move him on. This could, of course, be exacerbated by the possibility that everyone else realizes what a liability he is so there is no market for him.

Perhaps they've all been reading my posts.
    You work in high finance, there is £50m of prime asset we are allowing to waste away.

I don’t think he sounded overly positive last week when asked, suppose he could of course dig his heels in anyway, we cannot force the lad to leave.

You work in high finance, there is £50m of prime asset we are allowing to waste away.

I don’t think he sounded overly positive last week when asked, suppose he could of course dig his heels in anyway, we cannot force the lad to leave.
    If he does go it will interesting and possibly insightful to see how much we get for him. A year left or not, 30mil (as reported for Chelsea's offer) would indicate that the market for him is quite weak.

27 isn't he? 30mil for a 27 year old puts him in with some pretty poor company i.e. the Turkish lump that Everton bought.

If he does go it will interesting and possibly insightful to see how much we get for him. A year left or not, 30mil (as reported for Chelsea's offer) would indicate that the market for him is quite weak.

27 isn't he? 30mil for a 27 year old puts him in with some pretty poor company i.e. the Turkish lump that Everton bought.
    Its less than the Ox went for, with one year on his contract.

I am happy if he goes, happy if he stays. Dont really care as long as he doesnt play

No idea how much in reality we could get for the bloke as I have long since ceased to understand or to try and apply any logic or common sense to the world of football transfers.

For example I give you Everton paying £50m for Richarlison and also now paying £25m on a bloke who was reserve right-back for Barcelona.

There was another one over the weekend, can't remember exactly who, but I recall thinking "fúck me" at the figures.

No idea how much in reality we could get for the bloke as I have long since ceased to understand or to try and apply any logic or common sense to the world of football transfers.

For example I give you Everton paying £50m for Richarlison and also now paying £25m on a bloke who was reserve right-back for Barcelona.

There was another one over the weekend, can't remember exactly who, but I recall thinking "fúck me" at the figures.
    i was surprised at that one too. Five goals last year for Watford.

Everton’s last few transfer windows are ****ing diabolical. Talk about pissing money up the wall.