Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guendouzi & Torreira

Guendouzi & Torreira

will be awesome together.

We all got excited by Torreira joining but Gwen seems to have played Xhaka right out of the team imo

The 2 will be a ferocious combo in front of the back 4.

Back 4, these 2 and then any combination from Ozil, Lacazette, Aboomberang, Miki, Ramsey, Smith, Iwobi, Perez, Eddie and Reece imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

We all got excited by Torreira joining but Gwen seems to have played Xhaka right out of the team imo

Back 4, these 2 and then any combination from Ozil, Lacazette, Aboomberang, Miki, Ramsey, Smith, Iwobi, Perez, Eddie and Reece imo
    I was thinking the same thing. It remains to be seen how good they actually are, of course, but they are exactly the *type* of player that you want in the 2 in 4231. As a pair they could be exactly what we need.

Nice to have midfielders who play in midfield. Exciting times.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. It remains to be seen how good they actually are, of course, but they are exactly the *type* of player that you want in the 2 in 4231. As a pair they could be exactly what we need.

Nice to have midfielders who play in midfield. Exciting times.
    Each to their own. I preferred it when our MF was all tricky midget no.10s. Cesc, Nasri, TR7, Santi etc. If we're not gonna win the league, we might as well play one touch Wengerball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

Nah, Xhaka will walk straight back into the 1st XI. Happens every pre-season, young player does really well and every one expects him to start loads of matches but then he's not seen again until domestic cup ties start.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Nah, Xhaka will walk straight back into the 1st XI. Happens every pre-season, young player does really well and every one expects him to start loads of matches but then he's not seen again until domestic cup ties start.
    Wise words PRSB.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not really the same with Guendouzi. He has actually played proper football (albeit in the French second division). The other examples of youngsters impressing are all kids from academy football. I think there’s a fair chance he goes above Elneny in the pecking order. He looks to have a much better range of passing. Although I agree that Xhaka will start.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Not really the same with Guendouzi. He has actually played proper football (albeit in the French second division). The other examples of youngsters impressing are all kids from academy football. I think there’s a fair chance he goes above Elneny in the pecking order. He looks to have a much better range of passing. Although I agree that Xhaka will start.
    He will be a bench option I would think.

Did well on Saturday but that was a remarkably young looking PSG side especially towards the end of the game. Very different in the PL.

Not that I watched it of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He will be a bench option I would think.

Did well on Saturday but that was a remarkably young looking PSG side especially towards the end of the game. Very different in the PL.

Felt a bit sorry for Rabiot having to play with all that rubbish. He should demand a transfer to us to be honest. Straight swap with Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Felt a bit sorry for Rabiot having to play with all that rubbish. He should demand a transfer to us to be honest. Straight swap with Ramsey.
    Strange business this Ramsey business. Cannot understand why he has not been sold if as appears they are unwilling to pay him what he wants.

All the time there is next to no rumours, either based in truth or utterly fictitious, regarding the chap and other clubs.