Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre season top 4 punts ?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Looks like he might start on the left. I’d still fancy him to get 20 goals in the league but doubt it’s enough to win the golden boot.
    If “on the left” means Emery has worked out a plan to have him, Lacazette, Mkhytarian and Ozil all on the pitch at the same time then I welcome it.

His 4 month induction from Jan-May was impressive, I just expect more now with full pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    If “on the left” means Emery has worked out a plan to have him, Lacazette, Mkhytarian and Ozil all on the pitch at the same time then I welcome it.

His 4 month induction from Jan-May was impressive, I just expect more now with full pre-season.
    Those four won’t be on the pitch at the same time unless Xhaka or Ramsey are dropped (I’m assuming Torreira starts). I know you’re a fan of the Rhino loving Welsher but I think if he left the team would be better for it. Xhaka and Torreira sitting and the four you mention in attack. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Those four won’t be on the pitch at the same time unless Xhaka or Ramsey are dropped (I’m assuming Torreira starts). I know you’re a fan of the Rhino loving Welsher but I think if he left the team would be better for it. Xhaka and Torreira sitting and the four you mention in attack. Very nice.
    I have no issue with that at all, the urgency with which GX’s contract was renewed suggests he is key to the new manager and yes you have to expect Terreira to start.

Not sure how it is all going to work out and wouldn’t rule out Ramsey yet being sold abroad. Christ we will look like proper dicks if he is allowed to go past the window unsigned.

Arsenal - we ping the gates, open up a massive lead before getting weary in the final 10 games and we just hang on

City - slow start, boxed in over XMas before hitting top stride in the final furlong.

Liverpool - They come there cruising 3 out looking all over the winners but they just can’t see it out (might need blinkers)

Wolverhampton - the Premier League is mostly garbage. Couple quality sides and everyone else at pretty much the same level. In recent season sides you wouldn’t expected have surprised greatly ie Leicester and Burnley so I’ll nominate Wolves here. Saw a bit of them last season and was impressed. Very organised and with a terrific passionate head coach. Beware imo they will not be an east 6 points.

Of the others....smelly pizza guy at Chelsea gets unseated 5 out, Burnley get caught up in the magic of the Europa League and Spurs run out of steam after an exhausting World Cup.

Back to Arsenal...if you think about it - we have the midfield and attacking line to win this...the question is can Emery make our defence tough as teak? I just don’t know...Bellend is still a vegan, Mustafi is still here, Sokratis looks dead slow, Nacho might be sold if we get £20m for him and Leno wouldn’t be the first young goalie to crack mentally in the Premier League.

Pretty sure it will be Torreira and Xhaka holding, Mikki, Ramsey and Aboomerang in front of them and Laca on top.

The spanner in the works is Emile Smith Rowe because Unai is in love with him. Keeps on improving then he will start.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I agreed a £50 wager with a colleague who reckons The Arsenal won't finish in the top 6.
    Fúck me, we'd have to be really shít to achieve that.

************** FREE MONEY **************
    Please introduce me to this idiot, I'll buy him/her a drink and have a ton!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

City, Utd, Pool and Chelse
    Hehe how boring and predictable, but we;ll all still watch...
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I always approach the new season with a sense of optimism and this year is no different, in fact said optimism has been energised by the new regime.

Top 4 is ours and further a cash bet shall be placed on PEA to be the league top goalscorer.
    The greatest warriors win first and only then go to war, as the man said.

The title is ours, SW #WengerOut
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The greatest warriors win first and only then go to war, as the man said.

The title is ours, SW #WengerOut
    Yeah, but did Sun Tzu ever have to cut it on a wet windy Wednesday night in Stoke?

Oh, he won't have to.