Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why won’t it rain? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    We have a yellow weather warning for rain.

Not sure what exactly it means other than it is going to rain.
    I think it means it's gonna piss down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think it means it's gonna piss down.
    We expect rain all the same. Even in the recent heatwave you would see 2-3 people on the Luas each morning with their trusted North Face, just in case.

A warning is not necessary unless there is going to be a flood and/or tsunami.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    We expect rain all the same. Even in the recent heatwave you would see 2-3 people on the Luas each morning with their trusted North Face, just in case.

A warning is not necessary unless there is going to be a flood and/or tsunami.
    everything has to sound edgy or dangerous or important.

apparently our toilets in the office are cleaned by a female operative.
    what exactly is she operating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    everything has to sound edgy or dangerous or important.

apparently our toilets in the office are cleaned by a female operative.
    what exactly is she operating.
    a toilet brush?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It’s actually driving me slightly insane now.

Don't get me started.

Last year in Delhi there was no monsoon. It was hell. The atmosphere throbbing but it couldn't burst. Apparently it's the pollution. But here and now, I find it quite pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Don't get me started.

Last year in Delhi there was no monsoon. It was hell. The atmosphere throbbing but it couldn't burst. Apparently it's the pollution. But here and now, I find it quite pleasant.
    Delhi in June or July is a ****ing nightmare. 45 degrees last time I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Delhi in June or July is a ****ing nightmare. 45 degrees last time I was there.
    I know.

But in the old days, once it hits 47, it then pissed down, which was a blessed relief.

But now, while it still monsoons down everywhere else, it doesn't in Delhi.

It's the pollution. That's why the Lankan cricket team were retching up. They have literally fücked with nature. It was great in the early noughties, they switched all the busses and richshaws to CNG. They smog went. But now it's back and ten times worse because of economic progress. The newly wealthy Delhi middle class want and will have cars.

I just miss the old monsoon.

Though if I were a newly middle class Indian, I might think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I know.

But in the old days, once it hits 47, it then pissed down, which was a blessed relief.

But now, while it still monsoons down everywhere else, it doesn't in Delhi.

It's the pollution. That's why the Lankan cricket team were retching up. They have literally fücked with nature. It was great in the early noughties, they switched all the busses and richshaws to CNG. They smog went. But now it's back and ten times worse because of economic progress. The newly wealthy Delhi middle class want and will have cars.

I just miss the old monsoon.

Though if I were a newly middle class Indian, I might think differently.
    It is probably the only place I have been where I really couldnt cope with the heat at all. 5-10 minutes in the direct sunlight and my head felt like it was on fire and I would have to piss off back inside.

Having travelled round it a few times I can't say India is a country I have ever warmed to. Too ****ing hot, too stressful to get around and the driving is just unbelievable.

It's raining in the old parish of St Giles.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It’s actually driving me slightly insane now.

Drops of rain in NW11
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman