Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why won’t it rain? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Sure 'tis tirrible warm bejsus and begorrah.

Get yourself to the tropics in a pith helmet and heavy canvas kakhi drill and run an empire in much higher temperatures than this. Make a man of you. Pathetic, sweaty wimp.
    That's different. One expects that heat and can prepare for it.

THis is a stitch up. It is simply not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    A lot cooler..... last night flooded the garden in about 5 minutes, looked this morning and you would hardly know it rained
    Heavy rain's not much use to the soil when it just bounces off and floods somewhere else. We need long. slow gentle drizzle to rehydrate the parched earth.

Yet more evidence of your essentially peasant nature.

You're like Jean de Florette. Sans hump.

Enjoy the beautiful sunshine, lamb. Take some vitamin d and turn your skin a different colour to its usual hue, pantone name 'dought dead flesh'. Wear a linen suit and espadrilles, serve salads under a wisteria-shadowed pergola, get to truly enjoy a cold, cold beer.

We'll have 9 months of your damp, grey Irishness to endure. Can you not allow us a brief period od basking in th warmth?
    I saw on your Channel 4 news last night that some boffin with a huge forehead has stated that these weather conditions will be the norm in time, 2050 perhaps.

You and I will both be dead by this time so of little consequence.

I quite like the hot weather though. Sitting in the garden, cold beer, Style Council perhaps in the background, looking at my straw yellow back garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Heavy rain's not much use to the soil when it just bounces off and floods somewhere else. We need long. slow gentle drizzle to rehydrate the parched earth.
    Indeed. Huge, dramatic downpours are not very british at all. Drizzle most certainly is.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That's different. One expects that heat and can prepare for it.

THis is a stitch up. It is simply not acceptable.
    It's 30 degrees, for fúck's sake. It's not exactly the surface of the sun, is it? If it was 40, 45 degrees I'd understand the moaning. That sort of heat is uncomfortable. This is just nicely hot.

It's 30 degrees, for fúck's sake. It's not exactly the surface of the sun, is it? If it was 40, 45 degrees I'd understand the moaning. That sort of heat is uncomfortable. This is just nicely hot.
    Easy to say when you are sat there with your AC on.

Its ****ing hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It’s actually driving me slightly insane now.
    It must have last night, my car is a bit cleaner.

Easy to say when you are sat there with your AC on.

Its ****ing hot.
    I stayed in a Travelodge last night & it was the hottest place I have ever been in my life. Window didn't open, no AC, the provided a fan but the lead was so short that I couldn't get it that close to the bed.

The lack of sleep & drink that was taken has left me most irritable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I stayed in a Travelodge last night & it was the hottest place I have ever been in my life. Window didn't open, no AC, the provided a fan but the lead was so short that I couldn't get it that close to the bed.

The lack of sleep & drink that was taken has left me most irritable.
    I stayed in a Holiday Inn last week and was looking forward to a nice, cool, air conditioned room. ****ing air on wasnt working. I slept in an oven.....

I stayed in a Holiday Inn last week and was looking forward to a nice, cool, air conditioned room. ****ing air on wasnt working. I slept in an oven.....
    Did you complain and request to be moved to another room?