Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why won’t it rain? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is probably the only place I have been where I really couldnt cope with the heat at all. 5-10 minutes in the direct sunlight and my head felt like it was on fire and I would have to piss off back inside.

Having travelled round it a few times I can't say India is a country I have ever warmed to. Too ****ing hot, too stressful to get around and the driving is just unbelievable.
    I agree that the heat there - Delhi before monsoon breaks - is a completely different level to anything else I've experienced.

But that's why Shiva created the Himalayas. Just bugger off to Kashmir, Ledakh, Manali, Dharamsala or the Parvati Valley in summer time. Or Darjeeling if you're over Kolkatta way.

Or just go to the coast. I love Goa in monsoon, that's when I go. It's all lush and green, I see old mates, and there are no other fücking goras about.

Getting around's great. Cheap flights everywhere nowadays. But still love 2nd class sleeper on the trains and the sleeper bus. Just book two tickets - the whole cabin to yourself - et voilà. I miss sleeper buses. They introduced them one year for Delhi-Manali (up the mountains, though I'd get off before Manali for the Parvati Valley) then the BJP got in power in the state and banned them.

The BJP are cünts.

St Giles ... as in Chalfont?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's raining in the old parish of St Giles.
    . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    St Giles ... as in Chalfont?
    Central London. Famous for its leper colony, church, epicentre of the Great Plague, notorious rookery and more recently - and close to your heart, 'Tin Pan Alley' (Denmark Street). Better known to most as the area just SE of Tottenham Court Road tube station. Immortalised by Hogarth in 'Gin Lane' and 'Four Times of Day'.

Old map: https://stgilesonline.files.wordpres...s-map-1570.jpg

Those respectable people in the second etch are French Hugenots. The rabble in the first are mostly Irish, but this should in no way be taken as a slight on the Irish people as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It’s actually driving me slightly insane now.
    Got in my car, pissed down, got home, it stopped, walked down the pub, pissed down after i got there

In conclusion, God loves me
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

The air con in the savoy and claridges has been fine. Don’t stay in **** hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by taxman10 View Post
    The air con in the savoy and claridges has been fine. Don’t stay in **** hotels.
    Your're class son, I can tell...going for a nap, might be back

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That's different. One expects that heat and can prepare for it.

THis is a stitch up. It is simply not acceptable.
    You say that but it's not even close to being true. Southeast Asia admits of no preparation. It's very very difficult to tolerate.

**** em ega, **** em all, and **** their 3 quid a month, ****s!