Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
It is probably the only place I have been where I really couldnt cope with the heat at all. 5-10 minutes in the direct sunlight and my head felt like it was on fire and I would have to piss off back inside.

Having travelled round it a few times I can't say India is a country I have ever warmed to. Too ****ing hot, too stressful to get around and the driving is just unbelievable.
I agree that the heat there - Delhi before monsoon breaks - is a completely different level to anything else I've experienced.

But that's why Shiva created the Himalayas. Just bugger off to Kashmir, Ledakh, Manali, Dharamsala or the Parvati Valley in summer time. Or Darjeeling if you're over Kolkatta way.

Or just go to the coast. I love Goa in monsoon, that's when I go. It's all lush and green, I see old mates, and there are no other fücking goras about.

Getting around's great. Cheap flights everywhere nowadays. But still love 2nd class sleeper on the trains and the sleeper bus. Just book two tickets - the whole cabin to yourself - et voilà. I miss sleeper buses. They introduced them one year for Delhi-Manali (up the mountains, though I'd get off before Manali for the Parvati Valley) then the BJP got in power in the state and banned them.

The BJP are cünts.