Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Brexit is going to cause food and medicine shortages and civil unrest

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, 'prefer' is a strong term. That is a list of works of genius, the exact order of which is largely immaterial.

The Rising was a hugely important album, for the people of the USA and for me personally. Whaddyagonnadoaboutit?
    I get why it was important and I appreciate that the order of the list is largely irrelevant. It's just.... well, it isnt really that good.

What happened to GOTJ? Come on........

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course not. Any business that doesn't do everything in its power to minimise its tax liabilities doesn't deserve to be in business.

However, it does mean I will tend to take with a pinch of salt anything that business says with regard to an organisation that helps facilitate its lessening of its tax liabilities.
    You make a fair and valid point. I shall considering getting rid of my Amazon Prime....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You make a fair and valid point. I shall considering getting rid of my Amazon Prime....
    it is amazing how much research and development Amazon do. All offest against tax liabilities.
    I understand their automated warehousing project cost them nothing due to tax relief against R&D.

wd Amazon imo, they don't make the rules, after all.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Used cars, I hope
    I've got a 69 Chevy with a 396, Fuelly heads and a Hurst on the floor. To you, twelve double nine five.

I am glad you are back to being your usual benign self today Sir c
    Yesterday you seemed to be slightly terse of mood
    I shied away from asking what ails you in the hope that you were merely suffering a rare dog day

Much love
    x
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I've got a 69 Chevy with a 396, Fuelly heads and a Hurst on the floor. To you, twelve double nine five.
    Does that include VAT?

Does that include VAT?
    Nor does it include registration, tax and fuel.

or mats.

Have you never bought a car before, b?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Does that include VAT?
    There is no VAT on used car sales, b.

The dealer pays VT on his margin, but he doesn't charge you VAT, what with the VAT having been initially paid when the car was sold new.

Of course, if a new car is pre-registered by a dealership as a demonstrator and the VAT reclaimed, when the vehicle is subsequently sold as a used car, VAT will have to be added back into the price. Such a car is said to be 'VAT qualifying'.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Nor does it include registration, tax and fuel.

or mats.

Have you never bought a car before, b?
    I sort of assumed it was a Springsteen lyric, i. My question regarding VAT was really by way of an attempt to introduce a note of bathos to the lyrics' highly romanticised Americana.

What is a hurst and why is it on the floor?