Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nice of Greece to steal Sweden’s forest fire thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I see Japan has declared a natural disaster as well because of the 40’C heat. Global warming, AWIMB.
    I appreciate it may come across as insensitive, but how do so many people die in a forest fire? It's not like it moves at the speed of light, is it? Surely people see the fire encroaching upon their home and leave, realising that throwing buckets of water on it would be futile.

Why stay & try and defend it? This is what home insurance is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I appreciate it may come across as insensitive, but how do so many people die in a forest fire? It's not like it moves at the speed of light, is it? Surely people see the fire encroaching upon their home and leave, realising that throwing buckets of water on it would be futile.

Greeks, r. Probably too lazy to get out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Greeks, r. Probably too lazy to get out of the way.
    And the worst part was in a coastal resort. Cant you just go on the beach and maybe get in a boat?

Is the fire going to chase you into the ocean??

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm sitting under a sunshade at my garden table working on my laptop. Could be worse.
    I bet you pop into the shed from time to time to spanner one off, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    And the worst part was in a coastal resort. Cant you just go on the beach and maybe get in a boat?

I despair. What is wrong with people?!

I despair. What is wrong with people?!
    I suppose you get caught up in a panic and dont know what you are doing.

Run like **** would be my default position and I would definitely head towards water. I suppose some got caught out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I bet you pop into the shed from time to time to spanner one off, don't you?
    Lord, no! It's far too hot for self-abuse. And the shed is full of garlic.

Besides, the cleaner's here.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

We must assume they were all asleep (again, Greeks) and were overcome with noxious fumes, I suppose.

Perhaps the massive consumption of oxygen by the massive fcking fire can deprive living animals of a basic requirement for life.
    Fúcks sake, perhaps we can get a primary school child to explain the fundamentals of existence to you, r.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Perhaps the massive consumption of oxygen by the massive fcking fire can deprive living animals of a basic requirement for life.
    Fúcks sake, perhaps we can get a primary school child to explain the fundamentals of existence to you, r.
    He claims to be a fúcking doctor, i.

A doctor.