Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hoeness seems to be taking this Ozil business in his stride

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    And yet the English game is the most watched and most highly valued of all the domestic leagues in the world.

That doesn't make your assessment wrong, of course, but it is another reason why it hasn't become more refined. It's in nobody's financial interest that it should.
    I was making a similar point yesterday about why authorities don't do anything about refs getting harassed - it is of course terrible and wrong but people actually like to watch it. Let's face it the England Colombia game without all the dissent, pushing, and general bad behaviour was probably very dull but people thought it was a good game because of all that "drama"

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    And yet the English game is the most watched and most highly valued of all the domestic leagues in the world.

That doesn't make your assessment wrong, of course, but it is another reason why it hasn't become more refined. It's in nobody's financial interest that it should.
    Indeed. English football is like a Jeffrey Archer novel. It's a great thing for stupid people but makes the rest of us a little nauseous.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    You said the 1970 World Cup was played at a snails pace
    It was. It was hot and high and players then weren't the fittest.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It wouldnt be the most watched if it was full of english players. People dont get up in the middle of the night to watch Eric Dier.
    No, but that's the joy of it, you see. Lots of English chaps running around, clattering into each other and you get the foreigns in to do the fancy bits.

Made for a marvellous spectacle of touch, technique and application
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It's definitely the running about bit I enjoy most here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6UPlEzT1bU
    Seriously, how ****ing good was Vieira..... mostly running about but even so

Great touch for a big man

You make him sound like Peter Crouch
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I didn't realise how much I'd come to take his excellence for granted until he was gone and I remembered that most players couldn't do that stuff.

No... I appreciate the creative side of his game. I just refuse to buckle to the perceived wisdom that the negatives are mitigated by the positives. It’s a fairly widely held view that he drifts out of certain games once his chin hits the floor.
    Last edited by 7sisters; 07-23-2018 at 12:05 PM.