Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoeness seems to be taking this Ozil business in his stride

Hoeness seems to be taking this Ozil business in his stride

Mesut Ozil has been slammed by Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness after announcing his retirement from Germany in a scathing attack.
    "I am glad that this scare is now over. He has been playing s*** for years," Hoeness told Sport Bild. "He last won a tackle before the 2014 World Cup. And now he and his s***** performance hide beyond this picture.
    "Whenever [Bayern] played against Arsenal, we played over him because we knew that was their weak point.
    "His 35 million follower boys - that don't exist in the real world - are convinced he has played sublimely when he completes a cross pass.

'He last one a tackle before the 2014 world cup

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Mesut Ozil has been slammed by Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness after announcing his retirement from Germany in a scathing attack.
    "I am glad that this scare is now over. He has been playing s*** for years," Hoeness told Sport Bild. "He last won a tackle before the 2014 World Cup. And now he and his s***** performance hide beyond this picture.
    "Whenever [Bayern] played against Arsenal, we played over him because we knew that was their weak point.
    "His 35 million follower boys - that don't exist in the real world - are convinced he has played sublimely when he completes a cross pass.

Blimey. That seems quite extraordinarily vitriolic. He really isn't a popular boy in his native Germany, is he?

Loooool this is better than an episode of Jeremy Kyle

I do like the stab at his fan boys.

It’s sooo annoying when he plays extremely poorly only for them to say stuff like - ignorant Arsenal fans can’t see how technically gifted and brilliant he is

About time someone took a shot at them.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post

I thought that tackle on Hazard in the cup final 2017 was something to behold.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Blimey. That seems quite extraordinarily vitriolic. He really isn't a popular boy in his native Germany, is he?
    He's been voted German player of the year five times since 2011. Much of the vitriol comes from Bayern fans, who are delighted.
    Outside of them I'm not sure the rantings of a convict reflects the true feelings of most Germans. Hoeness is pretty much reviled by non-Bayern fans as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He's been voted German player of the year five times since 2011. Much of the vitriol comes from Bayern fans, who are delighted.
    Outside of them I'm not sure the rantings of a convict reflects the true feelings of most Germans. Hoeness is pretty much reviled by non-Bayern fans as well.
    And if he really is that ****, are Germany not a bit daft for continuing to pick him? I mean, they are hardly short of players.....

Let's not hold a wish not to pay 28.5 million euros in tax against a chap, la.

From what I remember, I'm pretty sure Bavarians see themselves as elite and separate to the rest of Germany. That notwithstanding, his comments were harsh but resonate with a fair few of us who don't understand the game, of course. .

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Let's not hold a wish not to pay 28.5 million euros in tax against a chap, la.
    Bayern fans certainly don't

"He was re-elected on 25 November 2016 with more than 97% of the votes as there were no other candidates for this position."

Mind you given the problems his predecessor is having, at least Bayern won't make too much of being photographed with the leader of a country with dubious human rights record. I mean, all Mesut handed over was a shirt, not the entire World Cup, eh Franz

https://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/a...ckenbauer.html

Bayern fans certainly don't

"He was re-elected on 25 November 2016 with more than 97% of the votes as there were no other candidates for this position."

Mind you given the problems his predecessor is having, at least Bayern won't make too much of being photographed with the leader of a country with dubious human rights record. I mean, all Mesut handed over was a shirt, not the entire World Cup, eh Franz

https://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/a...ckenbauer.html
    I must say, la, I don't know how to feel about your new-found loathing for Bayern. I understand it, of course, but still feel that it's not quite appropriate to get all het up about what is when all's said and done a foreign team.