Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Donald's taking no sh1t from Iran's mad mullahs. I see.

Quote Originally Posted by DJT View Post
    NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!
    On one hand, I think there is a genuine chance that he wants a war with Iran (and/or Venezuela), and that this will happen at some point during his innings, but on the other I wouldn't be too surprised if this was bantz was be followed up with peace talks and saying how Rouhani is someone he can do business with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    On one hand, I think there is a genuine chance that he wants a war with Iran (and/or Venezuela), and that this will happen at some point during his innings, but on the other I wouldn't be too surprised if this was bantz was be followed up with peace talks and saying how Rouhani is someone he can do business with.
    He's far too much of a pragmatist to get involved in a war. Wars cost far too much money. So far though, it appears that his policy of telling stroppy dictators to fúck off or else, seems to make them pause for thought...

Well all the indications would seem to point to Iran getting a slap from someone at some point, but whether the US will put boots on the ground for that one seems doubtful.

Especially when polls showed that Sanders would have easily beaten Trump.

Here's the thing - the Dem crazies who have been foaming at the mouth about Trump for two years now would seemingly rather Trump was prez than a genuine 'progressive'. Stein is feverishly denounced as Russian puppet, as is any actually economically left-of-centre Dem candidate who emerges.
    Sanders would have been a far more interesting election. He certainly would have challenged Trump in the key states and his presence would have disrupted Trump's entire campaign against the political establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wars cost far too much money.
    Yes, he certainly understands that, but OTOH they also get the neo-cons and lib-hawks who have been screeching "Russia! Russia! Russia!" off his back for a few minutes. Every time he lobs a few dozen cruise missiles into empty buildings in Syria they all cheer and call him 'presidential'.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well all the indications would seem to point to Iran getting a slap from someone at some point, but whether the US will put boots on the ground for that one seems doubtful.
    Maybe they could resurrect Saddam Hussain and send him in to attack Iran - like they did before.

Maybe they could resurrect Saddam Hussain and send him in to attack Iran - like they did before.
    I think Saudi are the next cab off the rank in that respect. Backed up by Israel, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think Saudi are the next cab off the rank in that respect. Backed up by Israel, of course.
    Saudi? :Popcorn: They can't even defeat a bunch of blokes in bare feet in Yemen.

Saudi? :Popcorn: They can't even defeat a bunch of blokes in bare feet in Yemen.
    As I understand it, the Saudi military are now considered pretty damn handy.

Especially when polls showed that Sanders would have easily beaten Trump.

Here's the thing - the Dem crazies who have been foaming at the mouth about Trump for two years now would seemingly rather Trump was prez than a genuine 'progressive'. Stein is feverishly denounced as Russian puppet, as is any actually economically left-of-centre Dem candidate who emerges.
    Stein *did take money from the Russians, and her candidacy did diminish Hillary's vote. So there's that. Anyway there's no point really in talking about 2020, because the congresssional elections in November 18 will tell us a lot.