Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tortilla chips are ****, arent't they? You approach them hoping for a crisp-like

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How rude. And isn't it 'horse' rather than 'dog'? What would a dog be doing in a stable? Dogs live in kennels.

And Greek salad's alright, but it's not what you'd call 'interesting', is it?

I did consider a chilled cucumber soup with cream, but the appearance and apparent consistency were a bit too semeny, so I decided against.

I saw Geoffrey Wellum died, btw.
    Well if a dog were born in a kennel, there would be no question as to its canininity, would there? That's the point. A dog, even if born in a stable, isn't a horse. You, despite being born in civilisation, remain very much the terroni who, given the slightest opportunity, will automatically begin digging holes and shovelling shít into them. It's like Darwin said, it's wossname, natural innit.

Greek salad is one of the Great Salads. The other Great Salads are som tam and Huzarensla.

Lovely man, Geoff. Proper gentleman. He signed my book and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well if a dog were born in a kennel, there would be no question as to its canininity, would there? That's the point. A dog, even if born in a stable, isn't a horse. You, despite being born in civilisation, remain very much the terroni who, given the slightest opportunity, will automatically begin digging holes and shovelling shít into them. It's like Darwin said, it's wossname, natural innit.

Greek salad is one of the Great Salads. The other Great Salads are som tam and Huzarensla.

Lovely man, Geoff. Proper gentleman. He signed my book and everything.
    Son tam

Delicious going in - and then about half an hour later there is a mad dash for the loo as it decides to exit. I wonder if this would stop if I ate more of them?

None of those things is worth a toss.
    I shall add this to the mountain of evidence that makes it clear that you have an astonishingly limited palate.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Son tam

Delicious going in - and then about half an hour later there is a mad dash for the loo as it decides to exit. I wonder if this would stop if I ate more of them?
    When I'm in Thailand I always order my food 'phet maak maak' so they spice it properly and don't give me some sort of bland white man's version. Many years of training have made me impervious to chilli at either end. Recently, however, in a food court in a Bangkok department store, I ate a som tam that was literally like eating flames. My whole face was numb for hours. God alone knows what they put in it, but they weren't ordinary bird's eye chillis.

Luckily, my sphincter seems to be amde of asbestos, for I was troubled not at all later on.

How rude. And isn't it 'horse' rather than 'dog'? What would a dog be doing in a stable? Dogs live in kennels.

And Greek salad's alright, but it's not what you'd call 'interesting', is it?

I did consider a chilled cucumber soup with cream, but the appearance and apparent consistency were a bit too semeny, so I decided against.

I saw Geoffrey Wellum died, btw.
    Balls. I forgot the banana flower salads of Cambodia. They are also Great Salads.

Balls. I forgot the banana flower salads of Cambodia. They are also Great Salads.
    A good Tuna Nicoise is a great salad. Mostly because it contains both meat and potatoes.

A good Tuna Nicoise is a great salad. Mostly because it contains both meat and potatoes.
    Also egg.

We have also failed to acknowledge the savoury goodness of the Caeser salad, pungent with anchovy and parmesan.

Upon reflections, salad is good.

Also egg.

We have also failed to acknowledge the savoury goodness of the Caeser salad, pungent with anchovy and parmesan.

Upon reflections, salad is good.
    I do one with parma ham, figs, watercress and apples that is most pleasing.

Naturally, one also has to have a rake of spuds on the side.

I do one with parma ham, figs, watercress and apples that is most pleasing.

Naturally, one also has to have a rake of spuds on the side.
    The Thais have a sensible attitude to salad. Consider the classic 'larb', a sald consisting of minced pork, chillis and some shallots. Not a lettuce leaf, cucumber slice or tomato quarter to be seen.

The Thais have a sensible attitude to salad. Consider the classic 'larb', a sald consisting of minced pork, chillis and some shallots. Not a lettuce leaf, cucumber slice or tomato quarter to be seen.
    Does one not serve it in lettuce leaves?