Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Wow...they’re going after the poem IF now!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Regardless of the nature of the dispute with the third party, being anything other than polite to a copper is like being rude to someone pointing a gun at you. It might feel good at the time but there may be consequences around their ability to abuse their power.
    I agree with you, and spent three months working with this muppet to try and get these idiot neighbours off our back. I listened politely to his inane ramblings, I took all his insults, I smiled as my neighbours slandered both me and my partner as violent racists, I pretended to be upset when they told me their kids were really disturbed by the whole thing (despite there not even being a thing).

When none of that worked I began to point out the lies, contradictions, lack of formal process, contradictory evidence, tampered evidence and asked for an explanation. And yes, ultimately, when he got nasty and started threatening me I responded with some thoroughly accurate but unpleasant remarks.

Of course it didnt help. Nothing was going to help but at least it got him moving and doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I agree with you, and spent three months working with this muppet to try and get these idiot neighbours off our back. I listened politely to his inane ramblings, I took all his insults, I smiled as my neighbours slandered both me and my partner as violent racists, I pretended to be upset when they told me their kids were really disturbed by the whole thing (despite there not even being a thing).

When none of that worked I began to point out the lies, contradictions, lack of formal process, contradictory evidence, tampered evidence and asked for an explanation. And yes, ultimately, when he got nasty and started threatening me I responded with some thoroughly accurate but unpleasant remarks.

Of course it didnt help. Nothing was going to help but at least it got him moving and doing something.
    Sorry to hear all that.

Unless of course, you insulted their musical tastes along the way. You can be a little bit provocative in that department, tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sorry to hear all that.

Unless of course, you insulted their musical tastes along the way. You can be a little bit provocative in that department, tbf.
    I can be a **** but I am not stupid enough to provoke somebody I am attempting to charm or convince of something.

I dont discuss music with anybody in Colchester, it only leads to trouble.

For example, I was in our local the other night for Open Mic night and some woman was doing boring acoustic songs. She finished with a slowed down version of 'I think We're Alone Now'. I chortled and asked the barman who the hell is that doing a Tiffany song.

He said ' yeah, that's Tiffany' .

I did wonder why loads of people were filming her