Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we set to denounce every British piece of art or literature attributed to some

Are we set to denounce every British piece of art or literature attributed to some

poor sod or other, on the grounds that it was carried out, pre todays generation of over sensitive bed wetters ?
    I'm pretty sure the term Racist ( in today's context ) can be levelled at anyone unfortunate enough to be born before 1980.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-44884913

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    poor sod or other, on the grounds that it was carried out, pre todays generation of over sensitive bed wetters ?
    I'm pretty sure the term Racist ( in today's context ) can be levelled at anyone unfortunate enough to be born before 1980.

fúcking mental innit. We should erase history and let these young cretins walk with open arms into the shítstorm.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

What I find it particularly odd that they should be so scathing about the Empire. How exactly do Riddi Viswanathan and Sara Khan think they ended up here?

They're just kids; you're not supposed to care what they think. It doesn't matter.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They're just kids; you're not supposed to care what they think. It doesn't matter.
    Once upon a time that was the case, yes. But the problem is they've been taught to think and behave like this by actual adults. And they're going out into the world and being indulged in this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Once upon a time that was the case, yes. But the problem is they've been taught to think and behave like this by actual adults. And they're going out into the world and being indulged in this nonsense.
    We're basically, all oppressing white scum, who, come the glorious day, will be forced to pay for the actions of our forefathers.
    I mean, just put a bullet in my head right now.

We're basically, all oppressing white scum, who, come the glorious day, will be forced to pay for the actions of our forefathers.
    The irony that they are actually embodying Kipling's rather harsh assessment of what native peoples do with the freedom and benefits they receive is obviously lost on them.

Take up the White Man's burden--
    The savage wars of peace--
    Fill full the mouth of Famine
    And bid the sickness cease;
    And when your goal is nearest
    The end for others sought,
    Watch sloth and heathen Folly
    Bring all your hopes to nought.

Hang on, I'm a descendant of Lithuanians, Polanders and Germans, or a "Gippo" as SW so delicately put it .

I'm pretty sure they haven't done anything too bad in the past. So, I'll play the "I'm not that British" card, come the revolution.

Oh, the German bit...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Hang on, I'm a descendant of Lithuanians, Polanders and Germans, or a "Gippo" as SW so delicately put it .

I'm pretty sure they haven't done anything too bad in the past. So, I'll play the "I'm not that British" card, come the revolution.

Oh, the German bit...
    Won't help you. A while ago, I pointed out to a high-caste Indian lady who works over here and has lived a life vastly more privileged than mine that my ancestors were Irish and had been on the wrong end of imperialism, too. Didn't matter, she said. I had grown up with white privilege and that meant I was just as complicit as if I'd been packing blacks onto a slaver.

'Intersectionality' is just a respectable front for abusing and discriminating against straight white men.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, you're just passing the buck, avoiding your own responsibility.

It's the owner's fault his dog misbehaves..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."