Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Philippe Senderos

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You've not lived if you haven't been to Wigan, Rich.
    Oh, I've been to Wigan (driven through anyway). I shan't be going back.

Furthermore, I have a new role on Garlick Hill (near Cannon St tube). Where in the locale should I go to see/drink/have coffee?

tbf, the stadium is in/next to an identikit retail park. Could have been anywhere.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Furthermore, I have a new role on Garlick Hill (near Cannon St tube). Where in the locale should I go to see/drink/have coffee?
    If you go down Dowgate Hill next to Cannon Street then keep going down to the Thames you will be walking on the route of the lost river Walbrook. There's a pub at the bottom where you can sit by the Thames and also a tunnel under the railway with an audio loop of the old Hanseatic Steelyard that used to be on that spot.

For my favourite place around there, go up George Yard off Lombard Street to find a maze of alleys and courts, complete with churches, pubs and the first, original coffee house in London.

For a hidden treasure, seek opposite Cannon Street station for a stone set into a cage in a wall near ground level. This is the London Stone, believed to be the central measuring point for distances in Britain in Roman times. More romantically, there is a legend that it is the stone from which King Arthur pulled Excalibur.
    Last edited by Ash; 07-19-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I heard that. It was rather nice, wasn't it? Mind you, I knew Phil was like that already. He's a very intelligent fellow. wd ps.
    Speaks something like 7 languages fluently

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Speaks something like 7 languages fluently
    Yes, but most impressively, he is erudite, reasoned and considered, polite and engaging - like a fully formed, functional human being. The exact opposite, if you will, of the likes of Kane / Rooney / Bergkamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, but most impressively, he is erudite, reasoned and considered, polite and engaging - like a fully formed, functional human being. The exact opposite, if you will, of the likes of Kane / Rooney / Bergkamp.
    You what?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    You what?!
    If brains were dynamite Dennis wouldn't blow the wax out of his ears.

If you go down Dowgate Hill next to Cannon Street then keep going down to the Thames you will be walking on the route of the lost river Walbrook. There's a pub at the bottom where you can sit by the Thames and also a tunnel under the railway with an audio loop of the old Hanseatic Steelyard that used to be on that spot.

For my favourite place around there, go up George Yard off Lombard Street to find a maze of alleys and courts, complete with churches, pubs and the first, original coffee house in London.

For a hidden treasure, seek opposite Cannon Street station for a stone set into a cage in a wall near ground level. This is the London Stone, believed to be the central measuring point for distances in Britain in Roman times. More romantically, there is a legend that it is the stone from which King Arthur pulled Excalibur.
    Thank you, A. Very useful.

was at his home champions league debut against Bayern no less.

Finished nil-nil but Bayern were already leading from the 1st leg so didn’t apply max pressure and he had good ol Tony Adams next to him.

Still though it made you think he could be a top player for us.

Guess I was fooled by how good TA really was...top class.