Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I see the Irish Prime Minister is now trying to suggest that UK planes won't be

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I suppose one just becomes accustomed to it. It might get a little tedious having people back away from you in the street and alarmed children bursting into tears at the sight of one's enormous, knobbly dome, but hey ho.
    I really think you oughtn't to be showing children your enormous, knobbly dome, tbh.

He looks it up on the Internet ya feckin big eedjut ..what d'ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    How the fvck do you know all this sh!t?
    . . . . . . .

They have several Cessna 172s, apparently. Flat out at 120 kt, they could definitely trouble a 787 doing 500 kt 38,000 ft above them.

Definitely.
    You're Irish c. Surely you'd lend them your little Chipmunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    allowed to fly over Irish airspace.

There are a few issues with that, Leo:

The legal:The right to fly over Irish airspace is guaranteed by a treaty to which Ireland is a signatory and which has nothing to do with the EU
    The economic: The damage to Ireland's economy and access to Europe from such a move would be much, much greater than that to the UK's
    The practical: There is literally no means of enforcing this. Ireland's airspace is only guaranteed by the protection offered by the RAF, since Ireland has no air-to-air combat capability and what combat aircraft it has couldn't even reach a commercial airliner, let alone keep up with it. Presumably, Leo envisages that we will maintain our defence of his country's airspace while having our aircraft banned from it?

Grandstanding fvcking clown.
    The Micks will laser pen our jets down B, lethal they are
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Did you know that if you own your house, you own the land it is built on, the structure, and the sky directly above it, but not the ground beneath - so if you strike oil in your back garden, it doesn't belong to you, but the crown.

I read that on the internet so it must be true.
    If we owned the ground beneath I could theoretically patrol my section of the Northern Line with a shotgun shouting "get orf moi land!" at passing trains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    If we owned the ground beneath I could theoretically patrol my section of the Northern Line with a shotgun shouting "get orf moi land!" at passing trains.
    The irony of which being that that wouldn't make you the maddest or most threatening man on the Northern Line. You'd barely make the top 10, in fact.

Where does one's ownership of the sky above one end? Presumably at the stratosphere. Otherwise, given the motion of the spheres, we would all effectively have timeshare ownership of Saturn, the Moon, etc?
    Outer space belongs to Uncle Sam. He said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Outer space belongs to Uncle Sam. He said so.
    Did the 1967 Outer Space Treaty not make it clear that it is the province of all mankind? Which may, of course, come as something of a surprise to anything else that may be living out there, but hey.

Did the 1967 Outer Space Treaty not make it clear that it is the province of all mankind? Which may, of course, come as something of a surprise to anything else that may be living out there, but hey.
    Treaties.

"It was a bad deal."

The irony of which being that that wouldn't make you the maddest or most threatening man on the Northern Line. You'd barely make the top 10, in fact.
    Whenever I am forced to travel the Northern Line, I prowl up and down the carriages bellowing into passenger's faces that I have an atom bomb in my pocket and they must pay for having murdered my mother.

I learned a long time ago there is only ever one nutter on any train so to avoid the nutter on the train, one must simpy be the nutter on the train.