Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Gaucho gone.

Gaucho gone.

I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did. Overpriced mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh that is good news. Not only was it indeed overpriced mediocrity, but I also once had a massive argument with my ex in the Hampstead branch.

She was kosher, so I suspect she was mainly pissed off with me for taking her there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Oh that is good news. Not only was it indeed overpriced mediocrity, but I also once had a massive argument with my ex in the Hampstead branch.

She was kosher, so I suspect she was mainly pissed off with me for taking her there in the first place.
    Odd to think of a young person in this period of history keeping kosher. It's a bit medieval. Like a young catholic refusing to eat meat on a Friday. Or a muslim not drinking alcohol.

What of classic dishes such as pork and clams in milk? Can a rabbi not grant you an exemption on the grounds of deliciousness?

Odd to think of a young person in this period of history keeping kosher. It's a bit medieval. Like a young catholic refusing to eat meat on a Friday. Or a muslim not drinking alcohol.

What of classic dishes such as pork and clams in milk? Can a rabbi not grant you an exemption on the grounds of deliciousness?
    I was in Vilnius a couple of weeks ago with a kosher. Much like the Nazis who were welcomed into Lithuania with open arms, the national cuisine - consisting almost exclusively of pork and dumplings - is no friend of the Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I was in Vilnius a couple of weeks ago with a kosher. Much like the Nazis who were welcomed into Lithuania with open arms, the national cuisine - consisting almost exclusively of pork and dumplings - is no friend of the Jews.
    Hungary's similar. Basically, the whole of Eastern Europe is not a Jew-friendly zone, food-wise. And in pretty much every other respect, really.

I think that's most of the world with the possible exception

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hungary's similar. Basically, the whole of Eastern Europe is not a Jew-friendly zone, food-wise. And in pretty much every other respect, really.
    of Israel though I reckon Monty could get himself a good kicking in Jerusalem.

I never found those Marx Brothers funny anyway
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'