How the other half live, eh?

So many lovely details in this.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/o...5a9fa5c6ef5336

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

First, I can't believe that isn't a quote from Alan Partridge

Secondly, LAD! The boy's done well there. I always like his dad. Clearly Mrs T didn't given where she stuck him

This is surely from a Tom Sharpe novel as well
    “She may be what she calls estranged but she is the mother of my children,” Colonel Purbrick said yesterday from his farm beneath Mount West in the Mooi River region of Natal, South Africa. “I’m sorry she got herself into the ****. I hope she gets out of it.”

That is a truly magnificent article.....apart from the brother shooting himself

“I am a very, very well-bred toff. I was born and bred in Norfolk . . . So many people have said I should write my life story but I am so bonkers I can’t remember it.”

The judge imposed a two-year restraining order, saying that she had “real concerns about the defendant’s ability to make rational decisions”.
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    First, I can't believe that isn't a quote from Alan Partridge

Secondly, LAD! The boy's done well there. I always like his dad. Clearly Mrs T didn't given where she stuck him
    Have you ever read Simon Raven's Alms For Oblivion books? Well worth it. Thinly-veiled autobiographical portraits of - among others - Jim Prior, John Aspinall and Jacob Rees-Mogg's dad.

Rees-Mogg doesn't come out of the books particularly well, it must be said. Prior does.

Have you ever read Simon Raven's Alms For Oblivion books? Well worth it. Thinly-veiled autobiographical portraits of - among others - Jim Prior, John Aspinall and Jacob Rees-Mogg's dad.

Rees-Mogg doesn't come out of the books particularly well, it must be said. Prior does.
    I haven't - shall look it up. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    “I am a very, very well-bred toff. I was born and bred in Norfolk . . . So many people have said I should write my life story but I am so bonkers I can’t remember it.”

The judge imposed a two-year restraining order, saying that she had “real concerns about the defendant’s ability to make rational decisions”.
    Some other favourites:

"Ms Purbrick, who attended court in pink shorts having run a mile from the station"

"Having a friend who was a butcher she took eight litres of pig’s blood because . . . [Lord Prior] has interests in raising pigs.”

"Neighbours called the police when blood began seeping through the door"

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    It's its own soap opera. Eastenders would be proud.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Oh, I thought the former army officer brother shooting himself was absolutely in keeping with the whole tableau.