Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Tory-FoodieWIMB. Avocado sorbet was absoluetly excellent. Just tasted of lime.

Tory-FoodieWIMB. Avocado sorbet was absoluetly excellent. Just tasted of lime.

Best first go at a recipe ever, so thanks for the help.

Sorbet* took about 3 hrs in the freezer with stirring every 20-30 mins.

Advice much appreciated.

*Go on, then. Was it really a granita and if so, why? Why is it no longer a sorbet once I churn by hand as opposed to doing so in an ice cream machine as the recipe indicated?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Advice much appreciated.

*Go on, then. Was it really a granita and if so, why? Why is it no longer a sorbet once I churn by hand as opposed to doing so in an ice cream machine as the recipe indicated?
    Simply because if you don't churn, bigger ice crystals form and you have a more granular texture. A sorbet is churned and therefore tends to be smoother.

I thought crusty troublemaking types like yourself lived exclusively on

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Advice much appreciated.

raw hedgehog, nuts 'n berries and anything you can steal?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Simply because if you don't churn, bigger ice crystals form and you have a more granular texture. A sorbet is churned and therefore tends to be smoother.
    Thanks, B.

Though when I first make it for my traveller raver chums, I shall still call it sorbet as it sounds posher. As you said, no need to bog them down in technical detail. But I will smile inwardly at my deception when they complement me on the sorbet and will think of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    raw hedgehog, nuts 'n berries and anything you can steal?
    I was never one of those sort of hippies, Herb. When we robbed the shops it would be the foie gras and smoked salmon, but I was more of a "get ****ered for 3 days then blag a lift to a restaurant" kinda raver.

Though we did have roadkill bambi one year. On a traveller site down in the west country. It's back leg was a mess, but we used the car headlights to cut out its fillet which we roasted in truffle oil. That was lush, too.

Thanks, B.

Though when I first make it for my traveller raver chums, I shall still call it sorbet as it sounds posher. As you said, no need to bog them down in technical detail. But I will smile inwardly at my deception when they complement me on the sorbet and will think of you.
    I had no idea your battered old Bedford vans even had refrigerators, tbh.

Anyway, I shall think of you all, crowded around your burning tyre, trying to keep your dreadlocks out of your dinner while your children Skymaiden, Elfwind and Crotchrot frolic naked in some poor bugger's turnip crop.