Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The batter on my cod was far too thin last night.

The batter on my cod was far too thin last night.

The only explanation I can think of is that I forgot to flour the fillets before putting them in the batter, so it didn't cling on properly. A very disappointing FAIL.

Of course, one should celebrate one's errors because it is from these that we learn. So hurrah!

The chips were excellent, naturally. As was the mayonnaise in which they were dipped.

Now. Is all that Brexit business over with?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The only explanation I can think of is that I forgot to flour the fillets before putting them in the batter, so it didn't cling on properly. A very disappointing FAIL.

Of course, one should celebrate one's errors because it is from these that we learn. So hurrah!

The chips were excellent, naturally. As was the mayonnaise in which they were dipped.

I'm going to Zelmans tonight for my birthday. I'm wholly underwhelmed about this. Have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I'm going to Zelmans tonight for my birthday. I'm wholly underwhelmed about this. Have you been?
    I haven't, no. I don't really get out much these days, and when I do I'm sticking with the tried and trusted. The only new place I've triued recently was thon Sri Lankan place, wossname, Hoppers. That was excellent. Generally I'm happy if I can go to Barrafina, Randall & Aubin, J Sheeley, The Ivy, The Wolseley, The Delaunay or Hawksmoor. Everywhere else can fúck off. I'm old now, too old for surpirses.

Happy birthday. Make the most of it, you won't see too many more once Comrade Corbyn comes to power.

I haven't, no. I don't really get out much these days, and when I do I'm sticking with the tried and trusted. The only new place I've triued recently was thon Sri Lankan place, wossname, Hoppers. That was excellent. Generally I'm happy if I can go to Barrafina, Randall & Aubin, J Sheeley, The Ivy, The Wolseley, The Delaunay or Hawksmoor. Everywhere else can fúck off. I'm old now, too old for surpirses.

Happy birthday. Make the most of it, you won't see too many more once Comrade Corbyn comes to power.
    Thank you.

My partner marked the occasion this morning, while I was pouring myself a bowl of cheerios no less, by grabbing my rear and saying “Oooh, that’s some prime aged meat”

At least if Corbyn comes to power there’s some chance I’ll be able to adequately report such a viscous assault #Metoo

Thank you.

My partner marked the occasion this morning, while I was pouring myself a bowl of cheerios no less, by grabbing my rear and saying “Oooh, that’s some prime aged meat”

At least if Corbyn comes to power there’s some chance I’ll be able to adequately report such a viscous assault #Metoo
    #Metooexceptforjews

Mazel tov.

You should have seen the batter on the sausage I bought with chips last week
    A few of the prongs on my plastic fork snapped orf
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    You should have seen the batter on the sausage I bought with chips last week
    A few of the prongs on my plastic fork snapped orf
    Oh I like a thick coating of batter on my sausage*.

*Pénis.

That's why I changed it from possessive to definite article
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

I'm struggling to think of any time that I have enjoyed fish n chips more than from a simple chippy. Restaurants, gastro pubs, home made etc etc - all disappointing for me.

Cod n chips for a decent chippy with lashings of malt vinegar and salt and some ketchup on the side to dip the chips in.

Has no peers, I'm afraid.