Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I see Brian Harvey has gone proper radio...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Fair enough. We dont know why they voted the way they did but we do know the information they were given.

We cant say they voted to be poorer anymore than she can claim that none of them did.

Of course, we dont actually want to be poorer.
    What about people who favour higher taxes? They want to be poorer, in a very real sense

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    What about people who favour higher taxes? They want to be poorer, in a very real sense
    Poorer in the immediate sense, but they believe richer in the broader sense.

Hardly anybody votes for higher income taxes these days....its all about indirect taxation now.

Poorer in the immediate sense, but they believe richer in the broader sense.

Hardly anybody votes for higher income taxes these days....its all about indirect taxation now.
    Poorer in the 'less f*cking money' sense. The same sense that Soubry means it.

You said no-one wants to be poorer. This is demonstrably untrue.

Poorer in the 'less f*cking money' sense. The same sense that Soubry means it.

You said no-one wants to be poorer. This is demonstrably untrue.
    I said we dont want to be poorer.

I dont think that is what she meant. As I understood it she was talking about the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs. THat is a poorer society, not one with greater public spending arising from higher taxation. THey are very different things.

I dont think that is what she meant. As I understood it she was talking about the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs. THat is a poorer society, not one with greater public spending arising from higher taxation. THey are very different things.
    Some impressive goalpost shifting there.

I know it's my birthday, but you're a bellend

And yet. Despite being two years into this seesaw process, the markets continue to ignore the political process and those within it from all sides, by continuing along its merry way.

According to the Office of National Statistics (ONS) unemployment fell by 12,000 to 1.41 million in the quarter to May giving a jobless rate of just 4.2 per cent.

At the same time employment increased by 137,000 in the quarter to May to 32.4 million, the highest figure since records began in 1971, giving a record rate of 75.7 per cent.

Job vacancies increased by 7,000 to 824,000 - the most since records began in 2001.

Average earnings also increased by 2.5 per cent in the year to May, co

No one on either side really knows . The markets will always find their own way..

Some impressive goalpost shifting there.

I know it's my birthday, but you're a bellend
    I am not going to say anything nasty to you on your birthday.

Will you be around tomorrow?