Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I see Brian Harvey has gone proper radio...

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, they voted in the knowledge that there may be a detrimental short-to-medium term economic impact, or to put it another way, "to be poorer"
    Excuse me, how do you know what they voted for ? Not everyone will be poorer by Brexit, so stop generalisations as it does nothing for your reasoning
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    On the other hand, she was on Today this morning calling for a 'Government of National Unity', which would seem to me to be a gross betrayal of the Party and voters she purports to represent. Meanwhile, of course, the ERG - who are actually seeking to ensure the Government sticks to its manifesto pledges - are described as 'rebels'. Go figure.
    God, I can't bear to listen to it any more. I'm firmly fingers-in-ears-i-can't-hear-you.

Pretty soon it will all work out one way or another. The sun will continue to rise and set, life will go on.

Everyone needs to take a step back and just... breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Excuse me, how do you know what they voted for ? Not everyone will be poorer by Brexit, so stop generalisations as it does nothing for your reasoning
    It shouldn't be necessary to have to qualify that when you use the pronoun "they" you don't necessarily actually mean "everyone"

Yes, they voted in the knowledge that there may be a detrimental short-to-medium term economic impact, or to put it another way, "to be poorer"
    Careful, m. You're in danger of ascribing intellectual agency to Leave voters. There'll be someone along to tell you an anecdote about their sister-in-law that proves they're all idiots any minute.

It shouldn't be necessary to have to qualify that when you use the pronoun "they" you don't necessarily actually mean "everyone"
    So it was a crap generalisation that has no merit whatsoever... wd m
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Careful, m. You're in danger of ascribing intellectual agency to Leave voters. There'll be someone along to tell you an anecdote about their sister-in-law that proves they're all idiots any minute.
    Or one about their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    God, I can't bear to listen to it any more. I'm firmly fingers-in-ears-i-can't-hear-you.

Pretty soon it will all work out one way or another. The sun will continue to rise and set, life will go on.

Everyone needs to take a step back and just... breathe.
    Rees-Mogg and Baker have played a bit of a blinder, though. I do wish Jacob weren't so attached to double-breasted suits, though. They really don't suit thin, rangy men.

Rees-Mogg and Baker have played a bit of a blinder, though. I do wish Jacob weren't so attached to double-breasted suits, though. They really don't suit thin, rangy men.
    Surely May is only conceding ground to them because when push comes to shove she knows she can rely on Parliament voting for whatever deal she brings back, because the alternative will be No Deal?

Or does the Parliamentary arithmetic not back that up?

I'm guessing that suit was built for his grandfather, and will last another 3 or 4 generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    Or one about their parents.
    My parents didn't vote at all, but then they're pretty much brain dead anyway.