Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FoodWIMB. Help. I need an ice cream maker for a sorbet but don't have one. Can I

FoodWIMB. Help. I need an ice cream maker for a sorbet but don't have one. Can I

bodge it?

For various reasons, I have a recipe and all the ingredients for trout ceviche with avocado sorbet. But the final bit of making the sorbet requires an ice cream maker.

Can I bodge this bit or should I fück it off and just make and munch the fish in lime part?

Serious/helpful advice would actually be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    bodge it?

For various reasons, I have a recipe and all the ingredients for trout ceviche with avocado sorbet. But the final bit of making the sorbet requires an ice cream maker.

Can I bodge this bit or should I fück it off and just make and munch the fish in lime part?

Make the sorbet juice, put it in a dish and stick it in the freezer. Take it out after 20 minutes or so and mix it up with a fork. Continue to do so until it's all frozed.

It'll be a bit grainy, but, hey, it's a sorbet!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Make the sorbet juice, put it in a dish and stick it in the freezer. Take it out after 20 minutes or so and mix it up with a fork. Continue to do so until it's all frozed.

No. It's a granita, but there's no need to bog him down in technical detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    bodge it?

Hang on! Avocado sorbet? Fark orff!

You angel, C.

Ganpati bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No. It's a granita, but there's no need to bog him down in technical detail.
    Well done b.

Hang on! Avocado sorbet? Fark orff!
    That's what I thought, but it's just a little blob and it will impress the missus. She likes the capers and shallots in our wild salmon tartare and the grated ginger and orange zest in the yellow fin tuna one. She's never had ceviche as far as I know, and she might have gone "meh, this is just cut up fish in lime. I want to see you work harder."

Well done b.
    I know. Very forbearing of me, I thought.

That's what I thought, but it's just a little blob and it will impress the missus. She likes the capers and shallots in our wild salmon tartare and the grated ginger and orange zest in the yellow fin tuna one. She's never had ceviche as far as I know, and she might have gone "meh, this is just cut up fish in lime. I want to see you work harder."
    Cool. What are you going to have for your main course, though?

I know. Very forbearing of me, I thought.
    I was going to mention something about granita but then I thought, 'Hang about, don't be a dick, the chap's just after some advice.'