Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As I attempt to fight off signs of old age i.e. dementia, reduced mobility etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Orpheus - literally the only lyre player anyone anywhere could name.
    Anyone that knows what a lyre-player is is just as much of a wrong un

Orpheus - literally the only lyre player anyone anywhere could name.
    Well, quite. I can really understand my lads hardly bothering even going to school nowadays.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

He clearly didn't have time for classical literature where he grew up, la. Too busy leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia.
    Doesn't seem to know his Arsenal either. Scarfe is one of us

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Well, quite. I can really understand my lads hardly bothering even going to school nowadays.
    To learn proper manly subjects like physics and math? We had to take 6 subjects for entry into university back in the day. I took physics, calculus, algebra, functions and relations, chemistry and English. And I only took English because I had to.

Men do science and engineering, women do Arts. I will make a possible exception for history which is a) vaguely manly and b) little master WES's best subject (his report said he had the potential to be a top class historian ).

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    To learn proper manly subjects like physics and math? We had to take 6 subjects for entry into university back in the day. I took physics, calculus, algebra, functions and relations, chemistry and English. And I only took English because I had to.

Men do science and engineering, women do Arts. I will make a possible exception for history which is a) vaguely manly and b) little master WES's best subject (his report said he had the potential to be a top class historian ).
    No, I'd rather they bunked off and went hunting buried treasure in the Caribees or somewhere, to be honest. I even front the score, so long as they don't finger me when their mother starts asking questions.

School is for homos; action and adventure is what young chaps need.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, I'd rather they bunked off and went hunting buried treasure in the Caribees or somewhere, to be honest. I even front the score, so long as they don't finger me when their mother starts asking questions.

School is for homos; action and adventure is what young chaps need.
    OK, so take them out of school and send them to Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    OK, so take them out of school and send them to Syria.
    No, you don't send them. The idea is to inspire them to seek out the action themselves, fully understanding that they are breaking all the rules in doing so. And being responsible for the consequences of that.

They've already done Syria anyway.