Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As I attempt to fight off signs of old age i.e. dementia, reduced mobility etc etc

As I attempt to fight off signs of old age i.e. dementia, reduced mobility etc etc

I have begun doing two things which are quite new to me. Yoga and crosswords.

Yoga for a supple, bendy body and crosswords to keep testing my mind.

Yesterday I managed to complete the concise Times crossword with only one help from the internet. And anyone that knew that 'Relating to a legendary lyre-player' was 'Orphic' is clearly wrong un.

And yoga makes me feel years younger. I highly recommend both, AWIMB.

I’ve been doing one of those, peak brain training apps. It’s a bit more diverse than crosswords.

I have no idea why I’m doing this

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I’ve been doing one of those, peak brain training apps. It’s a bit more diverse than crosswords.

I have no idea why I’m doing this
    Because 7sisters, the brain needs exercising just as the body does. Well done. I might have a look at that.

I also do Sudoku when I can be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Yesterday I managed to complete the concise Times crossword with only one help from the internet. And anyone that knew that 'Relating to a legendary lyre-player' was 'Orphic' is clearly wrong un.

I have started bumping into things a bit. My balance isn't quite what it was.

I expect to drop down dead in the next five years or so anyway, so I am ****ed if I am going to start doing bleeding yoga.

Orpheus - literally the only lyre player anyone anywhere could name.

Yoga is excellent for chicks. The glw swears by it.

Chaps run and lift weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Orpheus - literally the only lyre player anyone anywhere could name.
    Also made easier as he should have had the O_P_I_ by then

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Also made easier as he should have had the O_P_I_ by then
    He clearly didn't have time for classical literature where he grew up, la. Too busy leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yoga is excellent for chicks. The glw swears by it.

Chaps run and lift weights.
    I do all of that