Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So what I thought was a blocked sink turned out to be much larger problem

So what I thought was a blocked sink turned out to be much larger problem

that flooded my kitchen.

turns out the waste pipe for the whole building is blocked an all the nice water from their dishwashers and washing machines had nowhere to go but up through my kitchen sink

£620 plumber

I shall sell this flat and buy a house as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    that flooded my kitchen.

turns out the waste pipe for the whole building is blocked an all the nice water from their dishwashers and washing machines had nowhere to go but up through my kitchen sink

£620 plumber

I shall sell this flat and buy a house as soon as I can.
    Ooof! I don't really know how blocks of flats work, but if the problem is with the building rather than your pipes, is there not some way of recouping money from the building owners or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ooof! I don't really know how blocks of flats work, but if the problem is with the building rather than your pipes, is there not some way of recouping money from the building owners or something?
    That's what I am doing now but they are quite stupid.
    they will say I didn't call them but they don't answer the phone.
    apart from that I quite like the place.

Yes, get straight onto the leaseholder and get them to claim off their insurance. Shared pipes are not pv concern
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Yes, get straight onto the leaseholder and get them to claim off their insurance. Shared pipes are not pv concern
    can I claim a little splash on my kitchenaid thing I bought this past weekend as it got a bit water splashed on it on my insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    can I claim a little splash on my kitchenaid thing I bought this past weekend as it got a bit water splashed on it on my insurance?
    Absolutely. Why not make sure you also had your iPad, laptop and phone in there while you're at it?

Absolutely. Why not make sure you also had your iPad, laptop and phone in there while you're at it?
    Burney is shrood. I also know a Dr in Harley Street who will sign off that you got whiplash for a few £££.

He usually does car related injuries but I’m sure he can accommodate you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Burney is shrood. I also know a Dr in Harley Street who will sign off that you got whiplash for a few £££.

He usually does car related injuries but I’m sure he can accommodate you here.
    Oh I forgot I slipped over must be the amnesia.