Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So with hindsight (and as England didn't win it) I'm happy to say that was probably

So with hindsight (and as England didn't win it) I'm happy to say that was probably

the best World Cup I can remember. Lots of incident, remarkably few really tedious games, not too many games decided on pelanties and the best team won it. Most satisfactory - for international football.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    the best World Cup I can remember. Lots of incident, remarkably few really tedious games, not too many games decided on pelanties and the best team won it. Most satisfactory - for international football.
    All very enjoyable and has certainly filled that tedious summer gap.

We also appear to have picked up some decent additions whilst I've been away

No Oranje, no party b.

Otherwise it was fun, I grant you. Especially seeing the likes of Argentina and Germany going home so early

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No Oranje, no party b.

Otherwise it was fun, I grant you. Especially seeing the likes of Argentina and Germany going home so early
    Yes. I'm also prepared to concede that England having a decent run gave it an extra piquancy it might otherwise have lacked.

I did think the Dutch thing was a shame, but the fact is that they're a bit dogsh1t at the moment.

It all seemed a bit meh in the end. France were the best side but at the same time they didn't really look very good.

Germany going out early made it a good world cup

Lots ofSpurs players went deep into the tournament, most of ours were home nice and early. That's nice

Yes. I'm also prepared to concede that England having a decent run gave it an extra piquancy it might otherwise have lacked.

I did think the Dutch thing was a shame, but the fact is that they're a bit dogsh1t at the moment.
    I missed Italy's rank negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I missed Italy's rank negativity.
    I would argue that Italy's absence was a major factor in its watchability. I think they ought to be banned permanently from World Cups.

And no sign of anything changing, really.

Bosman killed Dutch football. Belgian prick.

Yup, splendid World Cup. I can't remember enjoying one so much for ages. And most of our players back at home getting ready to win the league while most of Spurs' first team only came home yesterday. wd Belgium and England for going so far.

Shame about all the violence and racism of the barbaric, inhospitable locals though, as we were warned about. Oh wait. None of that was true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yup, splendid World Cup. I can't remember enjoying one so much for ages. And most of our players back at home getting ready to win the league while most of Spurs' first team only came home yesterday. wd Belgium and England for going so far.

Shame about all the violence and racism of the barbaric, inhospitable locals though, as we were warned about. Oh wait. None of that was true.
    Have you spent much time in Russia, a?