Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So with hindsight (and as England didn't win it) I'm happy to say that was probably

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    And no sign of anything changing, really.

Bosman killed Dutch football. Belgian prick.
    We should let the top Dutch teams join the Premier League imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    We should let the top Dutch teams join the Premier League imo.
    I think the advantage they had for all those years was having a system that was geared to producing footballers for whom technique was ingrained, from the age of 6 onwards. Technique, technique, technique. Teaching kids to love the football and to bend the ball to their will.

Now every **** does it.

I think the advantage they had for all those years was having a system that was geared to producing footballers for whom technique was ingrained, from the age of 6 onwards. Technique, technique, technique. Teaching kids to love the football and to bend the ball to their will.

Now every **** does it.
    Just like our advantage used to be that Wenger knew how good the Clairefontaine academy was and basically gave us the pick of every French player coming through it for several years - until everyone else cottoned on.

Have you spent much time in Russia, a?
    No, but I did have breakfast in Belvedere on Saturday, and went into a pub in Crayford. So my life isn't entirely free of adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No, but I did have breakfast in Belvedere on Saturday, and went into a pub in Crayford. So my life isn't entirely free of adventure.
    Belvedere? :shudder: Talk about barbaric!

Belvedere? :shudder: Talk about barbaric!
    You'd have loved it. The caff was decked out with plastic England flags. Canned tomatoes, strong tea served by a lady with a purple face.

You'd have loved it. The caff was decked out with plastic England flags. Canned tomatoes, strong tea served by a lady with a purple face.
    Canned tomatoes. There really is nothing more disgusting in a fry-up. Apart from beans, obviously.

Yes, but Belvedere... was this somewhere on the spine road, where all the factories are?

I scarped the walls of a Marmite factory there when I first left school. Then I cleaned out a grain silo. Jesus H Christ, the filth in both those places was beyond human comprehension.

Yes, but Belvedere... was this somewhere on the spine road, where all the factories are?

I scarped the walls of a Marmite factory there when I first left school. Then I cleaned out a grain silo. Jesus H Christ, the filth in both those places was beyond human comprehension.
    I scraped the walls of your mum's Marmite factory.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

It was on a little parade just north of the station. After brekky we turned east and headed to Erith. Are you sure your Marmite factory wasn't there? It's thrillingly industrial with a very modern focus on sustainability, due to the high concentration of metal recycling facilities. Which used to be called scrapyards.