Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So, another referendum then?

So, another referendum then?

At first it struck me as an awful idea however having seen some of what May is proposing it strikes as the only option.

Three choices; 1) hard Brexit, 2) stay in EU and 3) what May is proposing.

Personally, I'm leaning more and more to 1) but they angst, moaning and general outrage should be great fun to watch and lord knows that the outcome will be.

Quite looking forward to it really.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    At first it struck me as an awful idea however having seen some of what May is proposing it strikes as the only option.

Personally, I'm leaning more and more to 1) but they angst, moaning and general outrage should be great fun to watch and lord knows that the outcome will be.

So, in other words, deliberately split the Leave vote in order that remain wins at last? A fix, in other words. Fvck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So, in other words, deliberately split the Leave vote in order that remain wins at last? A fix, in other words. Fvck right off.
    We have been repeatedly told that the leave vote knew what it was voting for. Well, it turns out it was voting for this.

No second referendum, there is the fudge you voted for. Enjoy

I think a second referendum would have to look at 1 and 3. The current fudge doesnt reallycall for a repeat vote on the notion of leaving. The confusion is around the manner of departure.

It should be a choice between the cliff edge and the proposed fudge.

There's not enough time, according to some legal big brain on Twitter. It would require all sorts of parliamentary doings which would take far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There's not enough time, according to some legal big brain on Twitter. It would require all sorts of parliamentary doings which would take far too long.
    THere is enough time to hold it, but not to leave as a result of it next March.

I think people need to just accept that it was never going to be straightforward and you have a bit of a fudge which will need to be tinkered with over the next decade. THe key point is to stop paying in and stop letting in the nasty foreigners. The rest will just have to work itself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fair enough really, they would have to consider 1) and 3) together as confirmation that the public still want to proceed and act accordingly. Sounds messy though.

Or perhaps just 1) and 3) as the only options? Now that would be interesting. As a Leave voter I would think you would want the say over her proposal as long as it didn't lead to a non-exit.

This one should be Double or Quits so if it’s a hard Brexit the SJWs all kill themselves