Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wd the Argie ref imo

wd the Argie ref imo

Deffo handball for me, Clive.

Not sure what everyone's complaining about apart from the fact that their plucky underdogs lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Not sure what everyone's complaining about apart from the fact that their plucky underdogs lost.
    As I said to someone, it would be handball anywhere else on the pitch, so once the ref saw it on video, he had no choice other than to give it. Shearer and Roy Keane made complete cvnts of themselves.

A demonstration, if further were required, that the handball law is unfit for purpose.

How do you lever yourself jumping up without your hand going down?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A demonstration, if further were required, that the handball law is unfit for purpose.

Of course, that is exactly what I'd say if I wanted to deliberately handle the ball out of play to prevent a possible goalscoring opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course, that is exactly what I'd say if I wanted to deliberately handle the ball out of play to prevent a possible goalscoring opportunity.
    It looked like a natural movement to me.

Hang on, I thought you had to to elbow someone in the face when jumping? I'm sure that's what Shearer told us last time. Now you have to reflexively pat the ball away instead? I can't keep up.

As natural as a tennis player playing a quick volley. Or a goalie making a save even. #Henchoz

Which is purely interpretation. As I say, though, once you see it on video, he's moving his hand to the ball and, in doing so, knocks it out of play. Almost impossible having seen that not to give it as a penalty imo. I'd be furious if that weren't given to us.

Also 'natural movement' - Fnaaar.

As natural as a tennis player playing a quick volley. Or a goalie making a save even. #Henchoz
    Given the way he jumped, I was struggling to understand why his hand would have moved the way it did other than to stop the ball.

A fact that our dimwitted Geordie analyst seemed to miss. Waddle on Radio 5 said it was a definite pen BTW.

To be fair, though, a, I'm not sure you're able to be impartial when it comes to Croats.