Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I appreciate that Trump has found quite a lot of ways to annoy people but it doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He is an absolutely obnoxious pig of a human being. Just looking at him makes my skin crawl. His inability to utter a coherent sentence makes me sad and depressed.

None of which makes him a threat to anything, or even a poor politician, or even politically wrong.

It's not necessary to 'like' him in order not to wet your knickers at the mention of him.
    I 'like' him in the sense I 'like' any politician - in that I believe he is 'a good thing'. That doesn't mean I'd want to go to the pub with him - or even spend a minute in his company.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I 'like' him in the sense I 'like' any politician - in that I believe he is 'a good thing'. That doesn't mean I'd want to go to the pub with him - or even spend a minute in his company.
    You want to kiss his winkle

Of course it's serious, but there's no basis for him being considered a threat.
    Every President is a threat. This one is also a bit of a ****. Again, hardly new territory.

THe extent to which he can be considered a threat on the global stage rests on the assumption that diplomacy and sabre rattling depend on one individual. THey dont.

Trump is not going to accidentally start a war any more than Bush made a decision to invade Afghanistan and Iraq on his own. There are many, many people at the table and it is their job to make sure that global peace isnt reliant on the President's mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well, they do need to sell papers/advertising.

One of the funny things about Trump is his constant attack on the press. He is ridiculed for it but surely most of us secretly agree with much of what he says. The sheer variety of media available now means that anything approaching a professional level of journalism is a very small voice in a very large field.

In other words, news is *******s. He is right.

I dont wish we had one of him but I do slightly enjoy seeing someone **** up the political establishment. You keep hearing how difficult he is to control, how unpredictable he is....why should he be controlled? Why should he be predictable?

Is that what we expect from our leaders? Who exactly is supposed to be controlling them?

Obviously, he is still a ****...
    Yes. We have been essentially sold the notion of our leading politicians as interchangeable, platitude-mouthing placemen for so long that we are now incapable of dealing with someone who doesn't censor himself, rocks up and says what he means and does what he says he's going to do. Hence my belief that he is 'a good thing'.

You want to kiss his winkle
    A man's winkle is his own private affair and I have no interest in it.

A man's winkle is his own private affair and I have no interest in it.
    I bet his winkle has loads of wrinkly skin overhanging the nose, like one of those dogs. Is it a type of dog I'm thinking of? Anyway. Wrinkly skin.

I bet his winkle has loads of wrinkly skin overhanging the nose, like one of those dogs. Is it a type of dog I'm thinking of? Anyway. Wrinkly skin.
    Sharpei? P would know. He strikes me as the sort to own a weird dog.

Sharpei? P would know. He strikes me as the sort to own a weird dog.
    Actually I might be thinking of a dugong.

Actually I might be thinking of a dugong.
    Is that like a Manatee?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Every President is a threat. This one is also a bit of a ****. Again, hardly new territory.

THe extent to which he can be considered a threat on the global stage rests on the assumption that diplomacy and sabre rattling depend on one individual. THey dont.

Trump is not going to accidentally start a war any more than Bush made a decision to invade Afghanistan and Iraq on his own. There are many, many people at the table and it is their job to make sure that global peace isnt reliant on the President's mood.

My other half is adamant that he is in the early stages of dementia.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman