Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I appreciate that Trump has found quite a lot of ways to annoy people but it doesnt

I appreciate that Trump has found quite a lot of ways to annoy people but it doesnt

Say a lot for the quality of public debate in this country when the best people can do with their placards is 'Big Orange ****'.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Say a lot for the quality of public debate in this country when the best people can do with their placards is 'Big Orange ****'.
    As someone pointed out the other day, if these people *actually* believed this bloke was the new Hitler, wouldn't the tone of their protests be a bit more fvcking serious? Instead, they are platforms for performative virtue signalling, dressing up and childish name-calling - which suggests they don't believe their own rhetoric for a single fvcking second. Tw@ts.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    As someone pointed out the other day, if these people *actually* believed this bloke was the new Hitler, wouldn't the tone of their protests be a bit more fvcking serious? Instead, they are platforms for performative virtue signalling, dressing up and childish name-calling - which suggests they don't believe their own rhetoric for a single fvcking second. Tw@ts.
    New Hitler is a bit strong

I would think the biggest issue would be that he isnt out President. That was another placard I noticed which is at least literally true.

Love him or hate him, we have our own issues to resolve her that are really nothing to do with him and his nonsense.

You have to at least acknowledge that, had he been in charge of Brexit, it could hardly be going any worse than it is.

Isn't the bottom line that people, whether they hate Trump or are somewhat indifferent, don't really take him seriously. Even a proportion of those that support him don't really take him seriously, do they?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

New Hitler is a bit strong

I would think the biggest issue would be that he isnt out President. That was another placard I noticed which is at least literally true.

Love him or hate him, we have our own issues to resolve her that are really nothing to do with him and his nonsense.

You have to at least acknowledge that, had he been in charge of Brexit, it could hardly be going any worse than it is.
    I like him. I dearly wish we had one.

And there are no shortage of supposedly serious people to tell you he's Hitler and the harbinger of the new rise of fascism. Obviously, these people are idiots, but newspapers keep paying them to come out with this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Isn't the bottom line that people, whether they hate Trump or are somewhat indifferent, don't really take him seriously. Even a proportion of those that support him don't really take him seriously, do they?
    No. We are repeatedly being told by media idiots that we must take him incredibly seriously as a threat to something or other. You can't move for hysterical hyperbole about him.

And there are no shortage of supposedly serious people to tell you he's Hitler and the harbinger of the new rise of fascism. Obviously, these people are idiots, but newspapers keep paying them to come out with this crap.
    Well, they do need to sell papers/advertising.

One of the funny things about Trump is his constant attack on the press. He is ridiculed for it but surely most of us secretly agree with much of what he says. The sheer variety of media available now means that anything approaching a professional level of journalism is a very small voice in a very large field.

In other words, news is *******s. He is right.

I dont wish we had one of him but I do slightly enjoy seeing someone **** up the political establishment. You keep hearing how difficult he is to control, how unpredictable he is....why should he be controlled? Why should he be predictable?

Is that what we expect from our leaders? Who exactly is supposed to be controlling them?

Obviously, he is still a ****...

He is an absolutely obnoxious pig of a human being. Just looking at him makes my skin crawl. His inability to utter a coherent sentence makes me sad and depressed.

None of which makes him a threat to anything, or even a poor politician, or even politically wrong.

It's not necessary to 'like' him in order not to wet your knickers at the mention of him.

No. We are repeatedly being told by media idiots that we must take him incredibly seriously as a threat to something or other. You can't move for hysterical hyperbole about him.
    You have to take him seriously, he is the ****ing President.

He may have been a joke candidate but he bloody won. He is technically the most powerful man in world politics. That sounds pretty serious.

You have to take him seriously, he is the ****ing President.

He may have been a joke candidate but he bloody won. He is technically the most powerful man in world politics. That sounds pretty serious.
    Of course it's serious, but there's no basis for him being considered a threat.