Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clues on Saturday about what formation we're likely to use?

Clues on Saturday about what formation we're likely to use?

I'd prefer a solid 4-4-2. Two massive centre halves, two violent fullbacks, two psychotic central midefielders and a pair of tricky wingers. Get it wide, get the wingers to the bye-line and get it into the mixer for the big lad to knock down to the little lad.

Let's get back to doing this thing properly.

#georgeknows
    Last edited by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat; 07-16-2018 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'd prefer a solid 4-4-2. Two massive centre halves, two violent fullbacks, two psychotic central midefielders and a pair of tricky wingers. Get it wide, get the wingers to the bye-line and get it into the mixer for the big lad to knock down to the little lad.

#georgeknows
    Will there be bullet headers? I a bullet header, me. Goals scored with the feet are OK, I suppose, but a bit effete (effeet?). Nothing touches a good, old-fashioned bullet header.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Will there be bullet headers? I a bullet header, me. Goals scored with the feet are OK, I suppose, but a bit effete (effeet?). Nothing touches a good, old-fashioned bullet header.
    If we're talking diving bullet headers I can see where you're coming from. A bullet header where the striker remains erect? Meh #stapleton

If we're talking diving bullet headers I can see where you're coming from. A bullet header where the striker remains erect? Meh #stapleton
    Erect or not, I just like a quick ball in, a powerful impact and the keeper left with no chance.

By contrast, I despise goals scored from glancing headers. Can't see the point of those at all.

I thought when Aubameyang arrived it would have a negative effect on Lacazette.

However they are clearly in love with each other

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I thought when Aubameyang arrived it would have a negative effect on Lacazette.

However they are clearly in love with each other
    That, my friend, is because Lacazette has what we term technically 'a kind face'.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Erect or not, I just like a quick ball in, a powerful impact and the keeper left with no chance.

By contrast, I despise goals scored from glancing headers. Can't see the point of those at all.
    But your actual galncing, diving header is the second best type of goal of all, after the 'outside of the boot curled into the near post' goal.

I'm afraid you don't seem to have got the hang of this yet.

#georgeknows
    4-3-3/4-2-3-1. What seems clear is there’s a strong bromance between Lacazette and Aubameyang and they have a wonderful partnership developing. I don’t expect this to be broken up so either Mkhitaryan is going to be benched or Xhaka is going to be benched (unless Ramsey is sold). If Ramsey is sold it probably solves a few selection problems.

That, my friend, is because Lacazette has what we term technically 'a kind face'.
    I hope Lacazette doesn't get jealous when Aubameyang wants to hang out with his Dortmund clique.

#georgeknows
    Brian Marwood