Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think it’s despicable that Trump has blamed Sadiq Khan for terrorism.

I think it’s despicable that Trump has blamed Sadiq Khan for terrorism.

Khan has always stood firmly against Islamic extremism.

Apart from when he

1) Tried to lift the UK ban on the leader of the Nation of Islam
    2) Spoke at the same conference as a member of an organisation that trained a 7/7 bomber
    3) Appeared on a platform with 5 Islamic extremists and promoters of Holocaut denial
    4) Defended a Muslim scholar who endorsed wife beating and suicide bombing by saying he’s “not an extremist”
    5) Used the racist phrase “Uncle Tom” to denigrate a Muslim critic.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You can do all those things and still not be responsible for terrorism, Monty.

You really do struggle with logical thought. Out of interest, do you have A levels or a degree and if so what were they in?
    You realise it is possible to hold a different opinion to someone without having to be abusive to them, right?

Where did WES's post go?

You can do all those things and still not be responsible for terrorism, Monty.

You really do struggle with logical thought. Out of interest, do you have A levels or a degree and if so what were they in?
    I know, but in idiotically and ignorantly blaming Khan directly, Trump still actually got closer to the truth than the hordes of denialists and obscurantists incapable of even acknowledging the links between migration and Islamic terrorism.

The point being, Trump is terrible in may ways, but he's still ultimately on the right side on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I know, but in idiotically and ignorantly blaming Khan directly, Trump still actually got closer to the truth than the hordes of denialists and obscurantists incapable of even acknowledging the links between migration and Islamic terrorism.

The point being, Trump is terrible in may ways, but he's still ultimately on the right side on this issue.
    No, he isn't. The overwhelming majority of the world, including the Muslim world, is on the same side, it is only a tiny minority that actually support terrorism. None of the things you have listed are drivers for terrorism and the cost of associating a publicly elected official who happens to be a Muslim based on so little evidence leads only to more divisiveness between communities which hardly helps the situation.

What he said was daft and unhelpful and puts him on the wrong 'side'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You realise it is possible to hold a different opinion to someone without having to be abusive to them, right?
    a) that's pretty rich coming from you
    b) this is Monty, different standards apply to him for obvious reasons which you know better than anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Khan has always stood firmly against Islamic extremism.

Apart from when he

1) Tried to lift the UK ban on the leader of the Nation of Islam
    2) Spoke at the same conference as a member of an organisation that trained a 7/7 bomber
    3) Appeared on a platform with 5 Islamic extremists and promoters of Holocaut denial
    4) Defended a Muslim scholar who endorsed wife beating and suicide bombing by saying he’s “not an extremist”
    5) Used the racist phrase “Uncle Tom” to denigrate a Muslim critic.
    Nation of Islam? Go back to 1968 bruthaman. There's never a Muslim you did like, is there? You side with Trump and want to turn the world into a Judeo-Christian cabal full of sh!tty food. I think it's a promising idea except that we don't fvck enough. There's too many Muslims and Chinks and they're gonna overrun us any minute now.

I do notice all the Trump fans on here ain't got sh!t to say even though Trump

insulted your leader. Is there no such thing as patriotism on Awimb, in England? Damn. I ain't a fan of Trump and I'll say so. I think he's ridiculous and the people who work for him are fvcking stuff up. But you -- you ought to defend your own leader, even if you don't really like her. Just do it, all right? I promise, being patriotic leads to positive feelings.

No, he isn't. The overwhelming majority of the world, including the Muslim world, is on the same side, it is only a tiny minority that actually support terrorism. None of the things you have listed are drivers for terrorism and the cost of associating a publicly elected official who happens to be a Muslim based on so little evidence leads only to more divisiveness between communities which hardly helps the situation.

What he said was daft and unhelpful and puts him on the wrong 'side'.
    When you say a "tiny minority" what kind of numbers are we talking?

Because all reputable polling of recent years, while certainly showing a majority of Muslims are strongly against terrorism, still shows that millions upon millions of Muslims across the world (including in the West) condone or support it, e.g.

A YouGov survey published two weeks after the July 2005 bombings in the London Underground, showed that 6% of UK muslims (about 100,000 individuals) fully supported them, and one British Muslim in four expressed some sympathy with the motives of the bombers.
    Last edited by Monty92; 07-13-2018 at 12:03 PM.

The same with the Paddies whenever an IRA man was snuffed out. Lots of rhetoric on all sides about the heinous actions of those involved and yet streets lined with mourners at the funeral procession. You could probably only point the finger at a handful of activists but the underlying support within the community....