Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think it’s despicable that Trump has blamed Sadiq Khan for terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    When you say a "tiny minority" what kind of numbers are we talking?

Because all reputable polling of recent years, while certainly showing a majority of Muslims are strongly against terrorism, still shows that millions upon millions of Muslims across the world (including in the West) condone or support it, e.g.

A YouGov survey published two weeks after the July 2005 bombings in the London Underground, showed that 6% of UK muslims (about 100,000 individuals) fully supported them, and one British Muslim in four expressed some sympathy with the motives of the bombers.
    You're good at throwing these bombs. Less good at what I have had occasion to call "debate." *I would express some sympathy for the motives of the bombers. That is, to escape oppression, poverty, etc. It's these silly surveys you quote which give you the answers you're always seeking.

Khan has always stood firmly against Islamic extremism.

Apart from when he

1) Tried to lift the UK ban on the leader of the Nation of Islam
    2) Spoke at the same conference as a member of an organisation that trained a 7/7 bomber
    3) Appeared on a platform with 5 Islamic extremists and promoters of Holocaut denial
    4) Defended a Muslim scholar who endorsed wife beating and suicide bombing by saying he’s “not an extremist”
    5) Used the racist phrase “Uncle Tom” to denigrate a Muslim critic.

Ironic as you could probably apply variations of some or all of those to Donald Trump, himself. Perhaps he has more in common with our muslim mayor and that makes him very uncomfortable?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Nation of Islam? Go back to 1968 bruthaman. There's never a Muslim you did like, is there? You side with Trump and want to turn the world into a Judeo-Christian cabal full of sh!tty food. I think it's a promising idea except that we don't fvck enough. There's too many Muslims and Chinks and they're gonna overrun us any minute now.
    Why on earth would one like a Muslim? Have you any idea what these people believe?

Oh, and the Nation of Islam has nothing to do with actual Islam. It’s a lunatic cult of angry black men who think white people are devils created by a mad scientist. So they’re even madder and less credible than real Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    You're good at throwing these bombs. Less good at what I have had occasion to call "debate." *I would express some sympathy for the motives of the bombers. That is, to escape oppression, poverty, etc. It's these silly surveys you quote which give you the answers you're always seeking.
    Hang on. You have ‘sympathy’ with the motives of British Muslims who have grown up amongst tolerance, comfort and opportunity deciding to murder and maim hundreds of their innocent fellow citizens in tunnels hundreds of feet underground?

What ‘oppression’? What ‘poverty’ justifies that, you ridiculous, ignorant, arrogant Yank cùnt?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hang on. You have ‘sympathy’ with the motives of British Muslims who have grown up amongst tolerance, comfort and opportunity deciding to murder and maim hundreds of their innocent fellow citizens in tunnels hundreds of feet underground?

What ‘oppression’? What ‘poverty’ justifies that, you ridiculous, ignorant, arrogant Yank cùnt?
    Total debate-team dodge, for which I commend you. It's clear that I meant sympathy for the motives of the terrorists. Yes, one has sympathy for someone's motives, in many cases, even when one deplores their actions. I have sympathy for the motives of Adolph Hitler. Dissed by the artistic establishment (he wanted to be an acclaimed painter), jacked up in WW1, economically shat upon, he wanted to get his own back. I am sympathetic. Now, do I think he took it too far? Also yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Why on earth would one like a Muslim? Have you any idea what these people believe?

Oh, and the Nation of Islam has nothing to do with actual Islam. It’s a lunatic cult of angry black men who think white people are devils created by a mad scientist. So they’re even madder and less credible than real Muslims.

Yes, I saw the movie Malcolm X, thank you. Two hours of my life wasted.

Khan has always stood firmly against Islamic extremism.

Apart from when he

1) Tried to lift the UK ban on the leader of the Nation of Islam
    2) Spoke at the same conference as a member of an organisation that trained a 7/7 bomber
    3) Appeared on a platform with 5 Islamic extremists and promoters of Holocaut denial
    4) Defended a Muslim scholar who endorsed wife beating and suicide bombing by saying he’s “not an extremist”
    5) Used the racist phrase “Uncle Tom” to denigrate a Muslim critic.
    Trumps an idiot, but you are clearly a bigger idiot/ a ****