Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You know, banning me for my choice in beer? That hurts.

Clearly y'all have been starved of my opinion for far too long. Sierra Nevada Torpedo

It will put hair on your chest and your willy.

Highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabregasm View Post
    It will put hair on your chest and your willy.

Highly recommend.
    Brewed in Chico, CA! Or near enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Balls View Post
    There's no reason to drink the ****ty commercial beers in the U.S. anymore, we're in a golden age of craft beer. Coors. Try something local brewed:
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26676/240809/

It says no longer brewed, but it's out every summer and it's the tits. Their east coast / New England IPAs are best outside of Brooklyn's Singlecut and Finback.
    I've not had great experiences with craft beer in America although that experience has been limited to the 2 or 3 bars I frequent during my 2 trips to NY each year on business. The problem I think is that increasing the amount of hop or malt flavor in beer doesn't really work in lager because of the carbonation. Too often I find the craft lagers in NY to be overwhelming, almost like drinking a floral perfume of some kind. I do tend to stick to the traditional American lagers like Miller or Coors as they're excellent. As bitter is a flat drink it can handle the increased amount of hop/malt but that doesn't in any way mean it is 'better', just different. I feel sorry for people who can't appreciate both.

Don't listen to the dated beer snobs in England when it comes to lager. Bitter is a nice pint when it's good bitter, I've almost had to spit out a mouthful of bad bitter it was so awful. Can't say I've ever had to do that with lager. There's a reason that every country in the world other than England drinks lager almost exclusively.

Oh, and the number one lager by sales in the UK? That would be Budweiser.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Oh, and the number one lager by sales in the UK? That would be Budweiser.
    Yes, and Carling, Fosters and Carlsberg are up there too.
    Given that a lot of establishments (like The Arsenal Stadium, for example) only serve up the weak piss of Carlsberg et al, that somewhat skews the sales picture.

Lager, well actually beer, of choice in the UK is Stella Artois, no?

https://www.statista.com/forecasts/7...-beer-drinkers
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Yes, and Carling, Fosters and Carlsberg are up there too.
    Given that a lot of establishments (like The Arsenal Stadium, for example) only serve up the weak piss of Carlsberg et al, that somewhat skews the sales picture.

Lager, well actually beer, of choice in the UK is Stella Artois, no?

https://www.statista.com/forecasts/7...-beer-drinkers
    You did have to check didn't you, IUFG? Typical HR.

You get a variety of views according to my google search and clearly it will vary over time, however Bud is right up there and was according to one of the results the leader. Would surprise me if it was Stella, though. That was more of a 90s thing, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You did have to check didn't you, IUFG? Typical HR.

You get a variety of views according to my google search and clearly it will vary over time, however Bud is right up there and was according to one of the results the leader. Would surprise me if it was Stella, though. That was more of a 90s thing, in my experience.
    Thing is, I don't know anyone who would order a Budweiser in a pub.

The GLW of a friend offered me a beer at their home recently - Budweiser. I had a cup of tea.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Thing is, I don't know anyone who would order a Budweiser in a pub.

The GLW of a friend offered me a beer at their home recently - Budweiser. I had a cup of tea.
    I do He is a football writer on a national newspaper, too. Arsenal fan so not all evil. I once walked out of press junket thingy with free beer because the beer was Bud. I actually think Fosters is nicer and that is basically piss

I rather like Birra Moretti. Waitrose always seem to have the farkin' big enormous bottles on offer.

Am I now to be reviled by the AWIMB Ale Fascisti?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I rather like Birra Moretti. Waitrose always seem to have the farkin' big enormous bottles on offer.

Am I now to be reviled by the AWIMB Ale Fascisti?
    No it is a nice beer, h

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No it is a nice beer, h
    Go on then, if you had to choose your last ever pint of beer, what would you order?

Me: Peroni Gran Riserva Doppio Malto