Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You know, banning me for my choice in beer? That hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Go on then, if you had to choose your last ever pint of beer, what would you order?

Me: Peroni Gran Riserva Doppio Malto
    Guinness. A soft pint, served in one of those pubs in the Irish countryside which were actually someone's living room, drawn from a barrel which had been correctly stored by the fire. This to happen in about 1982

Go on then, if you had to choose your last ever pint of beer, what would you order?

Me: Peroni Gran Riserva Doppio Malto
    Theakston's XB - haven't had that in years

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Guinness. A soft pint, served in one of those pubs in the Irish countryside which were actually someone's living room, drawn from a barrel which had been correctly stored by the fire. This to happen in about 1982
    When you’d have been, what? 17? Seems awfully early to have one’s last ever pint, old chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    When you’d have been, what? 17? Seems awfully early to have one’s last ever pint, old chap.
    I just don't believe such a pint exists any more. Nor does that environment, with the smell of a peat fire and an old farmer with one tooth wanting to chat to you about dat common market.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Theakston's XB - haven't had that in years
    We've stayed in the yorkshire Dales a few times not too far from Masham.

Pubs with Theakston's and/or Black Sheep everywhere

Old Peculiar

Riggwelter
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I just don't believe such a pint exists any more. Nor does that environment, with the smell of a peat fire and an old farmer with one tooth wanting to chat to you about dat common market.
    My old local was like that. Then they turned it into this shíthouse

http://www.kingwilliamhailey.co.uk/
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Thing is, I don't know anyone who would order a Budweiser in a pub.

The GLW of a friend offered me a beer at their home recently - Budweiser. I had a cup of tea.
    Really? There was a time in the City back in the late 90s or early 00s when a chap with a bottle of Bud in his hand was a very common site.

I fail to understand how anyone can claim that it's a bad lager. Fosters I get. Carling I get. Both taste pretty awful but Bud is really rather innocuous, it's just a standard, inoffensive lager.

Mind you, it is a large American corporation.

I've looked at this thread many times and still don't know what it's about.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Really? There was a time in the City back in the late 90s or early 00s when a chap with a bottle of Bud in his hand was a very common site.

I fail to understand how anyone can claim that it's a bad lager. Fosters I get. Carling I get. Both taste pretty awful but Bud is really rather innocuous, it's just a standard, inoffensive lager.

Mind you, it is a large American corporation.
    Ah yes, Late 80s - Early 90s - Budweiser novelty appeal. But I know of no-one, now, who drinks the stuff.

Anheuser-Busch InBev? They own a lot of brands that are decent beers. In fact I enjoyed 2 x 500ml bottles of Leffe Blond during the England Croatia match.

Budweiser is still fizzy piss.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I've looked at this thread many times and still don't know what it's about.
    http://www.awimb.com/showthread.php?...ered-Good-good